• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which dies for a .223 in a AR 15?

Re: Which dies for a .223 in a AR 15?

I've been very happy with my std Redding dies. I load for 3 ARs, so I full-length size every time anyway. My least favorite have turned out to be Hornady. It's sad too. At one time, everything I had was from Hornady. Tips? watch your case lengths, keep them uniform.

I've easily loaded 10,000 rounds of 223 on my standard RCBS dies for my AR15. Never hiccuped.

For the money I would consider the Lee Collet Die set. I justs picked up the set for my SPR. Hopefully you already have your components. They are really hard to find these days.

I normally load for my remington 308 and use foster neck/bump die & RCBS match die set. With bolt action I am more concerned about only sizing the neck. With an AR you should alway use a full lengh die.

dont be afraid to ask silly questions here. Most people are pretty helpful.

I use redding full length and or neck sizing dies and forester ultra micrometer seating die with good results for both 223 and 308

Oh ya small base dies Redding or RCBS both do the job nicely

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pengilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any prefference?
</div></div>

Its not the die (brand or kind), its the indian behind the lever.

I have always used RCBS dies for my AR. I just full lenght size and have never had a faliure to chamber. I put a few thousand rounds a year through those dies and not a issue. I just pull them apart and clean them after use.

I have some friends that use Reading dies and they have no problems either.

Brian