• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Dillon PM powder funnel for 6.5C?

towerofpower93

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
Going to start loading with Staball on my 650 and need some advice on the proper powder funnel for the 6.5C.

A bit of research on Dillon's website shows the Y powder funnel is supposed to be used for 6.5 rifle rounds, but 6.5C isn't specifically listed (6.5 Jap, 6.5x55, etc are).

Anecdotal forum posts from 2018 say the 6.5 Grendel powder funnel, which I already have, will also work.

Seeing as how others have tried Staball recently, I was hoping someone could confirm which Dillon PM powder funnel works with 6.5C cases and makes a good seal so as to not spill powder.

Thanks

Going to start loading with Staball on my 650 and need some advice on the proper powder funnel for the 6.5C.

A bit of research on Dillon's website shows the Y powder funnel is supposed to be used for 6.5 rifle rounds, but 6.5C isn't specifically listed (6.5 Jap, 6.5x55, etc are).

Anecdotal forum posts from 2018 say the 6.5 Grendel powder funnel, which I already have, will also work.

Seeing as how others have tried Staball recently, I was hoping someone could confirm which Dillon PM powder funnel works with 6.5C cases and makes a good seal so as to not spill powder.

Thanks

looks like the 6.5 grendel and creed are the same...if you go on the dillon site you can leave a call back request they have always called me back within 20mins.

looks like the 6.5 grendel and creed are the same...if you go on the dillon site you can leave a call back request they have always called me back within 20mins.

I would have thought that as well, or that they'd be close enough, but Dillon lists the 6.5G as part number 18947 and the "6.5 rifle" part as 12870.

Perhaps the case length and slight difference in shoulder angle caused them to make a different part?

Regardless, this is why I was wanting to know what folks have actually used successfully, especially if I'm going to use a fine ball powder. Don't want a ton of spillage if I can avoid it.

I would have thought that as well, or that they'd be close enough, but Dillon lists the 6.5G as part number 18947 and the "6.5 rifle" part as 12870.

Perhaps the case length and slight difference in shoulder angle caused them to make a different part?

Regardless, this is why I was wanting to know what folks have actually used successfully, especially if I'm going to use a fine ball powder. Don't want a ton of spillage if I can avoid it.

gotcha...just leave a call back request and ask direct.

The Dillon 6.5 Creedmoor conversion kit does come with the 6.5 Grendel funnel.

One thing to keep an eye on is consistent brass length as the funnel will only contact the case mouth and never the shoulder on Creedmoor cases.

The Dillon 6.5 Creedmoor conversion kit does come with the 6.5 Grendel funnel.

One thing to keep an eye on is consistent brass length as the funnel will only contact the case mouth and never the shoulder on Creedmoor cases.

Thanks much. This is the kind of insight I was looking for.

With that in mind I might just pony up the $20 for the Y powder funnel to ensure I don't get any leaking powder from a short case.