• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which do You Prefer - Andy Griffith Show

MtnCreek

Moderater
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
Gomer

images

Or Goober

a5120d4d3deb86f8f1f649af37c224e2.jpg

Never really liked either. The Rifleman, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Laramie, Death Valley Days, Cheyenne, Roy Rogers, Bat Masterson, The Lone Ranger, Have Gun Will Travel are more to my childhood entertainment preferences. Seems like most of the list is better than anything on tv today.

My last few years at college, I'd be up in time for Andy Griffith and Dick Van Dyke with breakfast and be back in time for Bonanza in the afternoons. And I Love Lucy sometimes. Which was mostly because the old stuff on TVLand was better than 99% of what was available in my cable package otherwise.

Never really liked either. The Rifleman, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Laramie, Death Valley Days, Cheyenne, Roy Rogers, Bat Masterson, The Lone Ranger, Have Gun Will Travel are more to my childhood entertainment preferences. Seems like most of the list is better than anything on tv today.

I was VP of the Lone Ranger Fan Club. There were three of us, ny buddy Billy, President, me, and his sister.

That opening scene still gives me goose bumps. It was a different time.

I liked Jim Nabors was pretty good and a good singer in his day goober was good on the show not that he had a really big role .besides if jim had not left there would not have been a Pfc. Gomer Pyle and no stg carter to yell at him . that almost like asking would you rather the duke boys or the general lee if it was driven by Catherine Bach hell yea I would have loved that show but I'm a pig of course I'd like that show .

Reactions: diverdon
I was VP of the Lone Ranger Fan Club. There were three of us, ny buddy Billy, President, me, and his sister.

Back when people knew that shooting fleeing criminals was unquestionably the right thing to do.

Reactions: Snipe260
Peggy cooks, cleans, is very pretty and is a champion shooter. Aunt Bee only checks two of those.

Yeah, but Andy could have had any of those women, but he always stuck with Aunt Bea. She must have had something special for Andy to not stray....

How could he be "lone" but yet with a companion?

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
how about Yancy Darringer or Jim Bowie?

Jim, Marlin Perkins assistant.
Well, lets see if we can maneuver the helicopter a little closer while Jim wrestles with a 12 foot alligator in this swamp.

Reactions: Pre-64
That show is my go to show if nothing good is on. I watch at least 2- 3 episodes a day...