• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Flip-Up scope covers

Re: Which Flip-Up scope covers

I use Butler Creek but understand, because the entire ocular rotates on NF when you change power settings, flip ups on the ocular are a pain in the butt

Stick with the bikini covers. Butler's look cool, but break.

Kevin

I got some butler creeks I'll trade for your bikini cover.

Just going to stay with the bikini. I can see where the ocular cap would totally piss me off.

I have some BC covers and some of them broke pretty quickly. Won't use them again. Am currently trying some Weaver Polar caps and they seem much better. Can't go wrong with the bikini cover though.

When will NF start making some flip ups for thier scopes ...

I'm not happy with anything.

Scope coats I lose.

Bikini covers I lose.

I can't lose Butler Creeks because they stay on the scopes, but they have their own problems. My eyepiece cover with the red release button keeps opening by itself; I can just glare at it and it will flip open. My objective cover rotates with the parallax adjustment and in a certain range of positions it will completely block the view of my backup 1x red dot. I have also had a Butler Creek eyepiece cover break at the hinge.

You should be left handed and catch the inside of your thumb nail on the little red lever on the Butler creek eye piece cover a few times. The Leupold Alumina covers are the best I've seen, but I don't know if you can get some to fit a NF.

I've also used B-C in the past, and planned to use them for the Vortex PST I just bought.
But I have more or less given up. For the eye side its okay. But I've now tried two for the objective and both are way too loose. The flip up will not stay down...
So I think I'd rather get something else for my third attempt

+1 Butler Creek

You simply can't go wrong with Butler Creek flips. The sizing selection is there with them as well.

LoneWolf is 100 percent correct. The rotating ocular with flip-ups would get old though, unless you stay on a single power for a majority of the time. I could <span style="font-style: italic">maybe</span> see that working out.

i used a little paracord to attach the factory bikini covers to mine. flip caps are in the works.

I have been through three sets of BC caps on my SS over here, WTF! Does anyone make a set of covers that aren't cheap ass plastic caps?

The old Butler Creek caps were pretty good, but the new Butler Creeks are crap. The new ones seem to be made of a different formulation and they are very brittle; they break instead of bending like the old ones used to.