• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Geissele for AR15?

aberbaseball7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2010
Wichita Falls tx
Trying to get my parts list ready and looking at the Geissele triggers. Just not sure which one is right for me.

Gun will be a all around plinking, coyote hunting, close range white tail. .223 caliber

SSA
SSA-E
SG3
DMR
National Match Rifle
National Service Rifle
Super Dynamic

Im just wondering if the DMR is worth $100 extra over the SSA? Any input?

Re: Which Geissele for AR15?

I have the SSA-E with a 45 degree selector and love it. My friend has a timney in his POF and have to say the SSA-E breaks and resets smoother.

I have the national match in my POF 308 and the DMR in my mid-long range AR 15. Hard to go wrong with any....just pick your pull weight.

Funny you should post this as I've been pondering what trigger to replace my RRA trigger with for a while now. I have settled on the SSA-E as I haven't heard anything bad about it.

The NM, SR, and DMR are all High Speed models. The extra $ are in the ability to adjust the weight of pull. I would go SSA-E personally. 3.5# trigger instead of 4.5# in the SSA. That's worth $30 more to me, maybe not to you. I think anything above these two models is overkill for your application unless you just have $ to spend.

I will say this, they're definitely worth the $, no matter which one you get.

I have the SSA and NM. The SSA is too heavy. NM is a very nice target/hunting trigger. NM has a very impressive break and reset.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the national match in my POF 308 and the DMR in my mid-long range AR 15. Hard to go wrong with any....just pick your pull weight.</div></div>

I tried all of them at Shot Show and that's exactly what it boils down to.
I thought I bought the DMR, but the springs(it came with two) are marked Match and Service.

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking the SSA-E but not sure if it would be better to be able to adjust weight to get it right where I would like it. I have only ran RRA NM 2 stage before so im sure any of the geisseles will be great.

No first hand experience, but I'm planning to put one in an AR soon and from the research I've done, I'm going with the SSA-E.

For what it's worth, I have had multiple RRA 2-stage triggers and while there are more expensive and better triggers out there, I've been happy with them.

I have a DMR in my precision AR and I love it. I like being able to adjust the first and second stages. When I went to shot show, the guys at the geissele booth gave me a spring to make my second stage around 1 lb.

I have a SSA in my 5.56 and the High Speed DMR in my .308. The DMR is lighter and crisper than the SSA, and adjustable, so affords greater precision. I use the 5.56 for shots out to about 300 yards, so the SSA is plenty precise for me at that range. If all you need is MOA out to 300 or 400 yards, the SSA is more than capable of that.

For longer shots using the .308 more precision is useful, so I looked at the SSA-E. I came across a used DMR for less than the cost of a new SSA-E, otherwise I would have gotten the SSA-E as it is easier to install and deal with.

I think I have the DMR set to basically the same weights that the SSA-E comes with out of the box, so the only slight advantage I ended up with is a higher speed hammer, and the pleasure of spending an hour to install and adjust.

Adjusting the pull weights and creep on the DMR took some time to get just right, but it was well worth the effort. I did have a concern about the set screws coming loose over time, but a few hundred rounds later all is good. I haven't heard about the need for ongoing adjustment of the set screws, and BG told me they are designed to remain stable once they are set, without any need for loctite.

Ive got the ssa-e in mine and love it. You cant go wrong with any of their triggers. Like everyone else has said pick a poundage and go for it.

I have the SD-C and I am very happy with it. I would have gone with the enhanced but it is in my duty rifle so I wanted a combat trigger...

geissele-sd-c.gif

desert-sass-scope-close.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the Super Dynamic Enhanced (SD-E) </div></div>

I do too... Liked it so much I now have THREE of them!!!! I love the flat trigger face. Any Geissele is sweet in my opinion, but I like the SD-E the best.

I am a big fan Gissele triggers. I have the 2 SSAs, and SSA-E, and a Hi-Speed Match.

I really like the Hi-Speed Match. It took awhile to adjust, but once tuned in, it's pretty awesome. Breaks like glass almost on par with a Jewell. I have my 2nd stage on this trigger set to about 10oz.

The SSA-E's are nice and are truly drop in triggers with no adjustments. It breaks almost as nice as a Hi-Speed, but it is $100 cheaper and way easier to install.

The SSA's are $30 cheaper and it's first and 2nd stage is only about a half pound heavier, which is noticeable if you shoot the 2 (SSA and SSA-E) side by side and nitpick, but not really noticeable otherwise.

I don't know how Gissele is able to make a light trigger but yet still reliable enough to ignite primers. Never had a LPS with any of my Gisseles. As for long term test, the SSA on my LWRC probably has the most miles, about 3000 rounds under it's belt and it's still going strong.

I put a Hi-speed Match on my SDM AR and it is great.
I picked up a SSA-E at the NRA convention at the Geiselle booth.
It is IMO, 98% as good and my next 3 builds all are SSA-E.
It is my go-to trigger now.

I use the SDE as I prefer a flat trigger for my LR rifles.

I have the DMR and absolutely love it.. i honestly dont think there can possibly be a better feeling trigger out there.

Might want to try an ALG Defense trigger. A new outfit that produces a Geissele-tuned combat trigger. Google ALG Defense or go to Rainier's web site for more info. A relatively cheap combat trigger with Geissele's name backing it...How bad could it be?....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krm375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the, High Speed National Match, Service Rifle trigger in my SPR, but heard something about a Super V in the Vtac line from Kyle Lamb. Has anyone else seen or heard anything about it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQOeWE0bTKs </div></div>

Here you go buddy. It gives a small blurb about it in the link below, but I guess the new VTAC rifle is their way of bringing it into the market, or not if it's only going to be made for the VTAC rifle.

http://monderno.com/gun-reviews/smith-wesson-vtac-ii-mp-rifle/

Has anyone taken a SSA and put a Mil-Spec disconnector in it?

I have heard that it turns the SSA into a SSA-E???

I actually did it and it made the SSA REALLY nice.

Al

My three gun rifle has a High Speed DMR trigger in it. I think the best part about it is the adjustable over travel adjustment. Breaks like a kitkat (I wouldn't say glass or carrot). Overall great trigger and it's a spring kit away from higher or lower pull weights (Match trigger doesn't really belong in an AR IMO unless your using it for NRA match shoots since the pull weight can be as low as 2 lbs, shoot a 2lb trigger once with no gloves in cold weather and you see what I mean).

The biggest difference is the feel. Any of the GA triggers are really nice compared to stock M4 trigger. If it's just a plinking rifle I might say check out the triggers he massaged from the stock milspec triggers Rainier Arms- GA massage trigger 65 bucks . If your running an optic 4x + I would say the trigger will show more imperfections. But generally if you train you can shoot a standard trigger almost as well as a GA trigger. But if the cash isn't an issue the SSA trigger is a GREAT starting place. Simple to adjust, cause there isn't any adjustment. And rock solid reliability, Hint: the only aftermarket triggers that crane uses are GA (Geissele Automatics). If you buy the HS DMR etc, check out Rainier Arms, they sell them with all three spring sets giving you the Service rifle trigger springs, DMR AND Match rifle spring sets. I would stay away from the three gun trigger unless your using it for three gun.

I have a SSF in my duty weapon and love it. Which ever G unit you choose you will love. Good Stuff!

+1 for the SSA if you don't need adjustable pull. Love the DMR for moderate adjustments, and the Hi Speed Match is awesome if you need REALLY light pull on a range gun, and aren't planning to patrol with it.

I just threw a DMR in my MA-Ten last weekend and almost blew a load the first time I pulled the trigger. Worth every cent.