• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which hand prime tool for .338 Lapua?

G

Hi,

Just looking for some ideas on what works for a hand priming tool to handle .338LM. If I need a special bushing for the tool, lemme know.

I've used my neighbors RCBS hand primer on 308's when my dillon's primer assembly broke, but I'm not sure if that will work on .338LM's.

Thanks,

--Fargo007

Re: Which hand prime tool for .338 Lapua?

215mag primer will work in the RCBS tool.

You just need an RCBS#14 shell holder for the RCBS priming tool. Oddly enough this is the same holder for the 45/70. It work fine for you.

Greg L.

+1 on the #14 shell holder. RCBS list the correct one as a #37 but is sure doesnt work on my lapua brass. The #37 does work with thw 416 Rigby.

Been using my handheld primer RCBS with a #14 Shellholder. No problem at all.

I'm cheap but I use the Lee hand priming tool. Actually I have 2 of them 1 set up for large primers and 1 set up for small primers. I've used the Lee priming tools for over 30 years and have yet to have one not prime a case.
JMHO
larryj

I use the lee hand primer for pistol cases and the sinclair for rifle

I Think its RCBS that has a one-size fits all hand primer. I've been using mine for about 4 months now, and its a decent piece of gear. Now I have no need to chance shell holders to primer my .260, 7WSM, or 338LM Improved. Not too bad at all.

JeffVN