• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Krieger Match Barrel for AR-15?

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
My current barrel (Mark Chanlynn) is starting to shoot inconsistently after 3,500 rounds, so I'm having my riflesmith order a new Krieger barrel.

He tells me that Krieger offers two AR-15 match barrels: One with a diameter of .920 ahead of the gas block, and one with a diameter of .812". The smaller one is 1/2 lb. lighter.

Is there a practical accuracy difference between the two contours?

Thank you,
Richard

They both will shoot you into the High Master Class. Accuracy is equal. I prefer .920" with a 26" barrel on my spacegun. You may like the .812" if you are shooting a 28". Lots of folks seem to like that better.
Favor Center

Either should be very accurate. I have one of the 20" .812's on a precision AR. It has several thousand rounds through it and still shoots 69's and 77's lights out, even when it gets pretty hot.

If weight is an issue, even remotely, I'd go with the .812

I have the .920 I also have a target w 40 plus shots on it all 3 shot groups right after I got it and the average is .411 and get this every 3 round group was a different load!!

No practical accuracy difference. I just ordered a 20" .812 today so you know where I stand on that.

Ended up ordering the .920 barrel in a 24" length, 1-in-8 twist, fluted.

Thanks all for the information.

Richard