• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Which Krylon?

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
For the best Flat Dark Earth. I know this this has been gone over before but I can't find the thread. My buddies rifle has already been painted in Krylon so I don't want to switch paint for fear of a chemical reaction. Thanks. Steve.

Re: Which Krylon?

there are limited amounts of colors here in illinois, but your right another paint will ruin your day
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there are limited amounts of colors here in illinois, but your right another paint will ruin your day
Bill </div></div>

Very True.....I mistakenly painted an AR in a winter camo pattern using Rustoleum. I didn't notice that it was an enamel paint. It was a real bitch to get off the rifle. It came off, but it was three times as hard to remove as Krylon. The acrylic paint is the way to go.

So what would you recommend to use on a Sage EBR ? I've been wanting to Krylon it, but I'm pretty hesitant ......

Krylon Fusion Ultra Flat Camo works well for me. Comes in three or four different colors (black, OD green, tan, and maybe brown).

If you check the solvents used for the paint, you probably don't have to worry about compatibility. Xylene is the first one in the stuff I used and it's a pretty close match:

DSCF7221.jpg

DSCF7219.jpg

DSCF7220.jpg

camo is for field use, if you want to impress the guys at the range use what looks cool, if you want camo...paint the parts that need it, tape the parts it might hurt.

gucci & camo are like oil and water in real life...keep the underside light to avoid shadow and texture the top. keep it as flat as you can and use veg. Camo is up the the user, but at the end of the day if you want to be unseen you need veg, not krylon...I could do a stalk in ACU and a black 24, and if i use proper como, concealment, and a good loophole...job done.

the key to being unseen is field craft...not cool looks.

C/K