• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which length Atlas Cal?

Also depends on your body size. Go as low as you comfortably can. If you can't get comfortable behind the gun, your shooting (accuracy & consistency) may suffer.

I have the regular one. I’m 6’3” 270 and it’s perfect for normal prone shooting. Use for hunting in low corn or hay fields as well. If I was only using it for hunting in fields I’d get the taller model. But for bench or range work where you’re not worried about clearing vegetation the lower works very well

Reactions: spife7980
I bought a tall, and I’m on the fence if the standard size wouldn’t be a better fit.
The tall is nice for hunting and adds a little more versatility. I’m a tall guy but not the most endowed in neck height. Shooting off a bench I usually have the legs in the forward position because at 90 degrees it’s just a tad too tall.
For most other applications having the extra height is great, but if you mostly shoot off a bench it’s not much benefit. Then again, it doesn’t really hurt to have the versatility of the tall and I haven’t noticed any negatives when shooting them in the forward position off the bench.

I have a standard length Cal, but I keep the leg extensions on fulltime. I would get the standard and if you need the extra height the leg extensions are like $45 and really solid.

I much prefer my Ckyepod and Tbac bipods for competitions though. The Cal is much slower for me to adjust the legs on if I get the height wrong.

I'm 6.0' and bought the tall version, have never once regretted it, and a few times its saved my ass. For field use hunting out west, its a necessity in my view. For matches, I like the longer legs because when you fold them back 45 degrees, I can get bipod AND rear bag support on something as small as a barrel top. Without question, buying this bipod raised my match scores in the few matches I shoot.

Frank said either in his podcast or training videos that "There is no position lower than prone." Meaning don't be afraid to raise the legs up a few notches and get up onto the elbows and get comfortable. I followed this advice, and its been a big improvement for me.

Reactions: BadDogPSD
Reading through past threads this seems to be the one to get? But which height? Will be used for matches.

What kind of matches? If its one that you may have to open/close your bipod, Id seriously consider something else. I run a short Harris with a RRS arca adapter for added cant. There are very few times it lets me down and it costs significantly less than many of the others (and much less play too!)

Also has spring loaded legs in case you need more during a stage.