• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which locations to have my flushcups installed?

MitchInOR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
Oregon, Willamette Valley
I ordered my A-5 stock via JW Precision today. I have cups mounted on the forearm left and right, and one left rear.
Where on the rear side is the best location? I have seen pics mounted low, middle and high. I ordered the stock with the integral cheek rest and want to carry my rifle slung muzzle up.
I'm probably just over thinking all this crap.

Re: Which locations to have my flushcups installed?

If you'll be running a stock pack have it installed a little lower on the side and consider having one installed on the bottom as well. I added one on the bottom of my 260 / A5 and use it more than the side mounted one.

William, I don't think I have any plans on using a stock pack. How so on the bottom? Do you carry your rifle slung from the bottom? I am having studs located for a BT-17 rail. That would give me bottom mounting location on the forearm.

If you don't mind could you look at my post in gunsmithing?

On the A5 the rear of the stock is flat, this is where I added a flush cup in place of the sling swivel stud. The only studs I order now are for the bipod.

Two front and two rear left & right and one on the bottom rear is a good start.