• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which "lowest" rings/bases for NF 2.5-10x32?

Re: Which "lowest" rings/bases for NF 2.5-10x32?

Go as low as you can find!

Below is a two-piece (0 MOA) Burris base and TPS super-low (0.820") rings. As you can see, there is a ton of room left. This height is still very comfortable though. The stock pack is for comfort, and certainly not a necessity.

Picture011.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Glock24,

That's awesome. I use TPS and didn't know they had ex-low rings; cool! I wonder if various brands of pic bases are of different height? Did you choose Burris because they were lower?

Alan

I went with a Seekins 20MOA base and low rings and ended up with a scope height of 1.84"...really no problem getting a good cheek weld with it. The Seekins rings are also .82" and with that base are rock solid. You could go with a flat base, but unless I'm mistaken, it's only the height of the front end of the base that changes. But no question the NF has the elevation to handle .308 shots out to 1000 with any base.

I use the NF low rings. I also have a 20moa base, but I would encourage you to look @ Karsten adjustable cheek pieces. They are inexpensive, but great quality. I use one, and Karsten was awesome to work with. He personally will answer any questions you have.

Good luck

Mk4 two piece bases and badger rings,lowest they make,will get you low as possible !!

Check with Iron Brigade Armory. They used to make their unitized one piece ring/mount with ultra-low rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSSP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glock24,

Did you choose Burris because they were lower?

Alan </div></div>

Nope, I went with the Burris base because it was cheap, and I wanted a two-piece system.

I've read (from Lindy) that the lowest system of all is a two-piece dovetail base and ring system. Burris makes a set of 30mm low rings that are crazy low! Unfortunately they aren't real tacticool.

http://swfa.com/Burris-Standard-30mm-Rings-P45506.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mk4 two piece bases and badger rings,lowest they make,will get you low as possible !! </div></div>

I disagree about the Badger rings. TPS and Seekins make the lowest 30mm rings (0.820")

why does everyone want the lowest rings possible. I'm not extremely knowledgeable but its really not necessary. Look at the trajectory path. As long as you understand POA and POI its not a huge deal. Am i missing something?. Oh I come from an AR background.

My goal is to always get the scope as close to the receiver as possible for two reasons;

1. Eliminate the need for an adjustable cheek-piece (whenever possible)

2. Reduce the bulkiness of the overall system. In other words, make the rifle more convienent to handle and hide.

I've also read the closer the better for minimizing recoil damage. And lastly, it seems that a minimal POA/POI delta would be good for more accurate close-up shots (<100 meters)

If there are other reasons, I'm not aware of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enkry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why does everyone want the lowest rings possible. I'm not extremely knowledgeable but its really not necessary. Look at the trajectory path. As long as you understand POA and POI its not a huge deal. Am i missing something?. Oh I come from an AR background. </div></div>

For me, it the fact that the NF 2.5-10x32 does not have a Parallax adjustment. I need to get my face on the stock and keep it there. I could use a stock pack but I want my stock Hollywood, if possible.

Alan

Hi Alan,
Look into the 30mm Talley one pc. ring bases in LOW. That scope has enough internal ele. adjustment to get away with a zero cant system...
Fred

Our base and low rings will give you a nice comfortable cheek weld. Thats what you should be worring about. Much lower than that and you will feel crowded.

Maybe it's because they don't sell them but NF says in the manual:

"Under no circumstances do we recommend the use of turn-in style rotary/dove tail type ring and base designs, especially those equipped with windage adjustment."

what does that mean? They are describing almost every ring on the planet. Cheek weld, that makes sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe it's because they don't sell them but NF says in the manual:

"Under no circumstances do we recommend the use of turn-in style rotary/dove tail type ring and base designs, especially those equipped with windage adjustment." </div></div>

I think it means that they believe that "turn-in style rotary/dove tail" rings are harder to get aligned correctly and may cause problems with the scope operation. I dunno about "almost every ring on the planet." I own four scoped rifles and two have Weaver-style mounts and the others have Picatinny rails and rings. The only set of dove tails I have are sitting in a box, rusting. Maybe there are lots of people who use them, but they're far from the only style out there.