• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Mag to Buy

TSpork

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys,

So I have a 5R in .308. Eventually, I'm planning on getting a Nucleus Barreled Action from PVA in 6.5CM. I was able to snag one of of the KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis on sale the other day at an incredible price. I'm going to drop my 5R into the chassis in the meantime.

Now the dilemma: I need a magazine. I'm not sure which mag I should be getting. Should I go for an MDT, AICS, ARC, etc? With so many mags out there, I'd hate to buy something that doesn't really work correctly. I was going to get an ARC originally since I plan on using it from the Nucleus and it's CRF, but I've heard numerous reports of it choking with dirt. Should I just get an AICS mag?

I have an accurate mag 10 rounds AICS pattern for my howa 1500 and a magpul. The accurate mag feels very sturdy and high quality. However, the magpul just feeds and runs very butter smooth when compared to the accurate mag. I'd consider magpul. Good luck on your decision.

AICS or Accurate Mag. I have an ARC, and while it's been good as of late, I still don't 100% trust it. It still has the original follower and spring.

Do not use magpul mags in a Remington 700 action. They will feed fine until anything touches the magazine. You could push the magazine with a pinky finger and it will totally bind the bolt. I have a friend that has a Remington 700 338 lapua and it feeds great with the magazine that came stock. I don't remember which brand it is. Maybe you could look it up OP.

Well that’s good to know. I just looked it up, and it might be accurate. Accurate mags says they are OEM for Remington

Well that’s good to know. I just looked it up, and it might be accurate. Accurate mags says they are OEM for Remington
It is Accurate mags. I just wasn't 100% sure so I didn't want to post misinformation. Magpuls run great in my Curtis Axiom action with a little feed lip filing but there is no way to keep them from binding up a 700 bolt. Buy once cry once. I wish I would have bought Accurate mags at $75 a piece than the three pmags I have at $30 each.

I have an accurate mag 10 rounds AICS pattern for my howa 1500 and a magpul. The accurate mag feels very sturdy and high quality. However, the magpul just feeds and runs very butter smooth when compared to the accurate mag. I'd consider magpul. Good luck on your decision.
+1 Another reason to buy a Howa instead of a Remington.

Reactions: stello1001
Is there any difference between Accurate and AI mags? Are Accurates just a clone? Sorry for all the newb questions

So I just realized that the Accurate Mags are double stack, single feed mags. Do they exhibit the same binding problems as ARC mags?