• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which mags for a Noveske 6.8?

CypressJeff

Private
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2010
I am planning on getting a Noveske 6.8 and I wasn't planning on all of this crazyness. Which mags should I be looking to buy for this particular rifle? Naturally, I would like to get my hands on some high capacity mags.

I know they are probably sold out everywhere but I need to at least look for some.

Re: Which mags for a Noveske 6.8?

You will be hard pressed to find any in stock. Unless you want to pay crazy GB prices, get on a back order list.

If you want 6.8 mags comparable to the HK 416(5.56) mags, look for some PRI or Barrett mags. They are usually around $35-40 and some of the PRI mags allow up to 2.29" COAL, Barretts won't go over 2.26" COAL in most cases.

IF you want a cheaper mag but still quality, look for some of the newer CPD(C Products Defense)mags. You won't beat these for the price and they allow 2.29-2.30" COAL. Hamlund Tactical should be getting some in the next few months along with the other big names...

Why do I mention the COAL? If you plan to reload, most of us get the best accuracy when loading longer than SAMMI specs. 2.28"-2.30" COAL usually yeilds the best accuracy and velocity.

I have a Noveske (RIP) upper and have been using the 10 round PRI mags with zero issues. Surprisingly, I got four 25 round mags from them late last week.

No issues with PRI here, had good luck with them so far.

Wilson combat had them in stock late last week. I have no idea on how good they are. They were 25 rd

I'm running the PRI mags also and they are fine. As mentioned, Wilson Combat still had some in stock last time I looked. PMAGs are under development for the 6.8 but at this juncture who knows what that means?