• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which monocular to get?

Johnnyscience

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I bought a great pair of Minxo binos recently and I love them... but they are still a little bulky.

Now I am thinking of a monocular.

Its smaller & much more compact

What kind of features can I have on monoculars?

Night vision? Range finder?

I want a slimline one like this if possible...

http://www.opticsplanet.net/zeiss-10x25-b-design-selection-monocular.html

If possible, I would really like a monocular that I can also clamp on my rifle for additonal magnification for my scope- if its not possible, then no biggie, but it would be nice.

Is something like this possible?

Re: Which monocular to get?

What about the features & options I can have on a monocular? Range finder, night vision, doubling on a rifle etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What about the features & options I can have on a monocular?</div></div>

Liberty Optics monocular has an MP-8 reticle.

Ok I do like the size of that one. What is that a range finder that is a feature of it?

Any monoculars taht also dub as night vision? Or can perhaps be added to a rifle for addtional magnification of say a red dot?

I've got the Optolyth and I use it all the time for identifying stuff. Ranging does get tough w/ the 10x in such a small lightweight package. (tough to hold still even on a rest). The glass is first rate but the focus is very touchy. All in all definitely a worthy investment.

Ok, are there any that have all 3 of these specs?

Range finder
Night vision
Dub as addtional magnification to my red dot on a rifle.

I need to figure out what monoculars can do before I go any further.

It would be great if I can get all three of the specs I listed above.