• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which mount for your US Optics SR-8?

bluto77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Which mount do you use for your US Optics SR-8, and what type of rifle is it on?

With damn near 2/3'rds or more of the scope located in the rear section, you definitely need something that leans forward. I'm putting mine on a 300 Blackout AR that will be used for hog hunting in the brush, so it'll get banged around quite a bit. I wanted to go with the Spuhr cantilever mount. I got the Spuhr SP-3616, but the front part of the scope will not fit. So that one is a no go. Looking for other options, and I wondered what others have had success with.

I've had the LaRue SPR mounts before, and I don't like the way the rings connect. I wish American Rifle Co made a cantilever mount.

Im waiting on my scope but I have the ADM it will be fit into after it arrives.

I went with ADM after seeing a photo of another shooters USO 1-8X mounted in a Noveske branded Recon mount (FDE finish Brownells sells them). That party spoke well of how his Noveske/ADM was working.

My rifle is an LMT MRP so I opted for a mount without the cantilever. I figure the mono rail will allow me room to find correct eye relief.

All this talk about mounts for that scope has me wondering if I figured correctly.

[you definitely need something that leans forward/QUOTE]

Not completely following the logic, please explain.

The scope is built so probably 2/3+ of the length is behind the erector. It leaves little room for the front ring and in order to have the ocular line up with the charging handle or there abouts where most people find good eye relief you need to use the forward section of your upper rail and a cantilever. Without you will bridge the receiver and handguard or have the front of the mount hanging in space.

Where is the other talk about the mounts? I tried doing a search for other threads. Could you please post a link to them?

Where is the other talk about the mounts? I tried doing a search for other threads. Could you please post a link to them?

There is a recent post (Roland I think was the poster) concerning an SR8C and there was some talk in that thread of mounts. The photo I saw with the Noveske mount was from just after shot when these things first came out.

Did you buy the SR8 Lazy was selling with the mini Erek?

Yessir.

Thinking about the bobro. Just don't have experience with one.

Obviously you havent tried it but interested to get your opinions. Im waiting on an M with the dial elevation capability.

Cant help further with mounts. I have my ADM in hand if you need measurements.

Oh yeah...$220 mount for $150. That's a good enough deal for me to at least give it a try.