• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which mount

Nimothy

I’m trying
Minuteman
  • Nov 14, 2018
    Dallas Texas
    With the scarcity of 51t and the fact that my sdn6 need work anyways planning to send my 3 aac cans to Ecco soon to be redone. I’m only familiar with an area 419 set up and 51t so I might be behind the times a bit. I’m not a fan of the area mount on my short gas guns so I need a muzzle device of some sort. What mounting system gives me the most bang for the buck so to speak. I know lots of y’all have a lot of experience with different mounting types. Any help is greatly appreciated

I went plan b on my SDN6. It’s pretty much dedicated to a 300bo SBR unless I need to use a can I don’t care about.

Griffin armament's taper mounts are probably the most flexible. They have adapters (Plan A) for what's becoming the industry standard suppressor thread pattern (1.375x24), and have a wide range of muzzle devices and supported muzzle thread pitches. Some are available in titanium, which is nice for lightweight builds.

Muzzle Devices - Taper Mount Muzzle Devices - Griffin Armament

Reactions: Nimothy
    Dead Air KeyMo mount with the DA Keymount muzzle brakes or Keymount flash hiders.
    I looked at these first But they seem to be unobtanium. And over twice the price. Not to mention twice the weight. That adapter is over 1/4 pound. I know the can I’m putting them aren’t feather light but an extra 1/4 pound on the end of a 10.3” gun is a lot

Griffin armament's taper mounts are probably the most flexible. They have adapters (Plan A) for what's becoming the industry standard suppressor thread pattern (1.375x24), and have a wide range of muzzle devices and supported muzzle thread pitches. Some are available in titanium, which is nice for lightweight builds.

Muzzle Devices - Taper Mount Muzzle Devices - Griffin Armament
    I think this is way I going to go. For function and economics I don’t think there is a better option for me. Thanks everyone for their inputs.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
    No, they are not compatible.

they aren’t compatible but if OP threads his suppressor with the 1.375x24 he can use the plan a, plan b omega, YHM, etc. definitely get it threaded for 1.375x24 than you have all kinds of mounting options

Reactions: makaug
    I really like the yhm qd system for semiauto platforms. simple, taper for sealing/alignment, one hand on/off and inexpensive. only negative is weight, but the micro version are bringing that down.

I just go direct thread. I will be experimenting with the TBAC SR as soon as it clears ATF jail. Direct thread is simple and I rarely shoot rifles carbines without a can.