• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which Muzzle brake for my XCR barrel (.308)

***Ronin***

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
Denmark (EU)
Hey all,

I was planing to purchase a Muzzle brake for my XCR barrel (.308) which has thread on the front (Don't recall the correct way to say it, but it has outside thread).

So i would like to know which Muzzle brake i much hunt down or which to stay away from...

Would the muzzle brake change my impact point ?

Should i re-zero the gun ?

Thanks all for your input and time...

Stay frosty...

While adding a muzzle brake should not affect the POI or require you to re-zero the rifle. There are times when the addition of a muzzle brake does affect these areas. I once had one installed and it ruined the capability of the rifle. Needless to say that is the last time I used their services. I just put a sure fire brake on one of my .308's and I am very happy with it so far. Took me all of 15 minutes or so.

The SJC Titan, Benny Hill Rolling Thunder, and Surefire are the most effective .308 comps. They will all be very loud. I'm not sure what threads your barrel will have, but make sure you purchase the correctly matching thread for the compensator. You will need to rezero after installing, or at a minimum check your zero.