• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Which New Spotter

mercracing

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    I currently have a Bushy T series, and a set of Vortex Razor UHD 12x binos. I usually use the binos for spotting for PRS. I am looking for a new, better spotter. Mostly for animal watching and some specific matches. My wife likes the Bushy since she can zoom in on animals and see them up close. I know the Razor and Swaro are both much better, but I didn’t know what/it was in between the two?
    Thanks for the input.

I got the Kowa mini pure fluorite from Doug. Good deal and amazing scope.
    The Kowa glass is pretty amazing.
    I love my Bushy T but not because of its glass quality, the Razor and Swaro glass blow it away.
    A Kowa 550 Prominar or the 770 if cost is ok is I would certainly consider.

Ive had alot of spotters and looked threw alot between mine and buddies. The kowa 553 was the best overall small but great sold it because i was dumb. But if you have the money id say go swaro or kowa and if you want to stay cheaper go Athlon cronus or ares had both still have the big cronus. My favorite spotter for the money cheap wise was the athlon ares 15 45 65 small cheap and was super good. Im not a huge fan of vortex i think athlon is better.

Definitely look at Kowa! I snagged an 883 last year around Black Friday from @gr8fuldoug for an amazing price! It's been an amazing spotter and well worth the $$$$.

I have a Swarovski ATX with 30-70X zoom and it is crazy clear.

I picked up a new 7-35 ATACR scope last week and tested them back to back, the NF is a great scope and put up a good fight but the Swarovski is next level for brightness & clarity (not apples to apples I know....)

I typically run the Swarovski on 30X as thats where the clarity is best. If I had to gripe I'd say that the Swarovski loses some degree of fine detail at 70X but it is barely perceivable.

I run a meopta S2 82 HD, I’d put it above the razor and below the big ATX

Reactions: avidflyer