• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which NF Obj 50/56 on GAP Crusader

Compact45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2011
WDM, Iowa USA
I am going to order a scope and am not sure if the 56 will fit on a GAP Crusader with .885 badger rings and still use NF supplied lens covers. Is anyone running a NF NXS 5.5x22x56 on a Crusader or another with this barrel contour? Or, is there a way to measure to check if there is enough room. I would like to order the correct objective the first time to skip the shipping back and forth to exchange scopes.

I have searched but this is a specific application.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Which NF Obj 50/56 on GAP Crusader

I have NF medium (1.00) and a 56mm NF and there is barely any clearance on my AMU contour barrel. The lens covers BARELY (they do touch the barrel quite a bit)fit and it's hard to keep them on.

I would run the 50mm. Otherwise you will need higher rings and possibly a cheek riser.

Thanks Sandbogg. I'm thinking the samething, I did have a KMW added to the stock because my cheek is high and needs a raised riser for a NPA.

Every 56mm scope I own on a #7 MTU ... I would not mount in lower than 1.00" rings. Lower would not allow you to use caps.

OK, for the ring height I want to run Im going with a 50 mm objective. Thanks to everyone who replied!!!