• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Nightforce to get.

355sigfan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2004
Alaska
Looking to spend around 2500 on a Nightforce for a .308 bolt action I am having built. I want the first focal plane just not sure about which reticle. Pros cons. Also all I see available in FFP is the 3.5-15 I was wanting a 5.5-22. Also how does the high end Vortex Razor 5-25 compare?
Thanks
Pat

get The BEAST, it is amazing! I also, love the 5.5-22 NXS with MOAR reticle. But hands down, the BEAST!

At $2500 your only choice is the Nightforce F1 3.5-15x50mm.

From there, choose your reticle and enjoy. :)

Most folks love the Razor 5-20x50mm... one of these days i'll have to pick one up to see what the fuss is about.

Looking to spend around 2500 on a Nightforce for a .308 bolt action I am having built. I want the first focal plane just not sure about which reticle. Pros cons. Also all I see available in FFP is the 3.5-15 I was wanting a 5.5-22. Also how does the high end Vortex Razor 5-25 compare?
Thanks
Pat

The BEAST will set you back about $3,500 or so.... well worth it, even when I compare it to my Swarovski.

If you're looking for a NightForce in the $2500 range, the ATACR would fit the bill nicely if only it was FFP. As it stands, the NightForce NXS F1 3.5-15x56 will serve you well.

Not trying to start anything and budgets are different for various people (me being one of them with a much smaller budget at this time) but at that price point wouldn't a person be better off spending just a wee bit more
on one of the true Alpha glass scopes? (Kahles, Premier, etc.)

I have a couple of NF NXS 5.5-22X50mm / Zero-Speed Turret / NP-R1 scopes. Love them. Looking to put the new Beast on my new rifle.

If you have just a bit more to spend, definitely go for the BEAST.

The FFP Nightforce is a reasonable option within your quoted budget, and you can even get it with the new H59 reticle.

Alternately, there are some scopes in the $1,500 range that are FFP and well-built (IOR Valdada 3-18x42 comes to mind). To me, it almost makes more sense to buy in this range until you feel comfortable buying on the top end.

I have a couple of NF NXS 5.5-22X50mm / Zero-Speed Turret / NP-R1 scopes. Love them. Looking to put the new Beast on my new rifle.

I do believe that those are SFP, my friend.

Last edited:
I have debated getting a second focal plane because I am not shooting precision rifle competitions but I like the speed of a FFP scope. Someone recomended I look at the Premier scopes. What do you guys thing?

The Beast is almost $1000 more than he is wanting to spend, check the optics for sale section there has been some good deals there.

I have an F1. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

As for the Razor- Great reviews all around. I would try and handle one first if you haven't. They are big. The tower turrets really turned me off. I understander these are 'tactical' scopes, but I prefer somewhat low profile and the Razor turrets are just too big for me.