• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which non-hard shell rifle case

MrOneEyedBoh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Maryland, USA!
Looking for something other than a Pelican or hard cases. What else is out there besides the drag bag that is worth looking into?

Scoped rifle maybe a mag or two. But usually would have a range bag along side. So something to protect the rifle.

How are the rifle bag/shooting mat combos?

You ever consider a backpack with a scabbard like the Eberlestock GSII?

I use that for all my gear when carrying an AR or short barreled light to medium weight bolt. When carrying my AI AT, it goes in a separate drag bag due to its length and weight.

Even saying "scoped rifle and mag or two", there are still some variables there. For instance, I can fit my DTA with a 26" barrel into a 42" padded case. What rifle and barrel length are you using?

If you're not looking for something "tactical" check out the Hogue extra large double bag, a buddy of mine has one and I'm envious every time he brings it out. Its solid construction and the interior of the bag has very plush padding, some of the nicest I've seen.

The Drago bags are nice with tons of storage space. Several different sizes

Even saying "scoped rifle and mag or two", there are still some variables there. For instance, I can fit my DTA with a 26" barrel into a 42" padded case. What rifle and barrel length are you using?

I run a DTA as well - and use and LOVE the SERT TCC 42" Tactical Carbine Case - it is super durable, and has a shit ton of PALS webbing all over the place inside both compartments, so I can move things around to my hearts content.

You can buy one on my website here: (and see pictures)

https://www.bisontactical.com/products/sert-42-tcc

If your stick is longer ;-) you should look at the Armageddon Gear M2010 case:
https://www.bisontactical.com/produc...ion-rifle-case

It has a bunch of PALS webbing as well, and fits the longer rifles with the same idea.

Both of the above are sized to fit inside the appropriate Pelican case if you need to ship your gear, just throw it inside the hardcase and your ready to go.

Depending the size of scope and rifle config, this Euro bag has worked perfectly for the last 9 years of range trips:
https://byallen.com/product/euro-oversized-gun-case/

It appears discountinued but you can still get it at quite a few stores online.

This looks to be the replacement:
https://byallen.com/product/remington-yukon-scoped-rifle-case-50/

The euro case had 1.5" of foam on each side, plenty long enough without being too long (24" barrel+), and was stiff enough with the extra foam that it didn't flop around. I had originally bought the case for my wife (only $36 at the time) but immediately stole it! I use it to carry a Savage in HS stock, 24" barrel, Bushnell DMR scope, and Atlass bibod. Its getting worn out but for the price, I don't think you can beat it. Perfect soft case to go to the range and back with minimal fuss.

[No message]

Attachments

• photo46948.jpg
    photo46948.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 17
Ugh. First post on the new site and I realized all of my old posts are gone. Anyhoo. This is the Condor case - for $60 you can't go wrong. I have two - one for a KAC SR 15 and one for JP 6.5 G.

I've been using a 55" Galati Elite Rifle Bag/Mat for over a year now and I can't recommend it enough. It fills 2 roles in one package. I remember seeing a picture of one inside a Pelican case too. You wouldn't have to worry about cutting the foam or storing the bag a different way if you had to fly or travel where you'd need the hard case.
3F43C083-75D1-4390-BCDD-C947AD641447_zpsykbvfgoe.jpg

Last edited:
Check out Voodoo tactical. I bought a drag bag/shooting mat from them and have nothing but nice things to say about it. Paid around the $200ish mark.

I'm a fan of the midway heavy duty. Very affordable and protect my rifles very well for soft cases

That's what I came in here looking to see if anyone had mentioned.

They go on sale every so often also.

since i carry a range bag, i picked up a camo soft rifle case from cabelas a couple xmas's ago. i actually bought 3 of them, 2 for gifts. it fits my scoped rifles just nicely and cabelas items all have lifetime warranties