• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Which non-rotating hammer/trigger pins to use?

Re: Which non-rotating hammer/trigger pins to use?

I use KNS. There should be no reason any of them will do a lesser job than the others. I picked up what was convenient.

Josh

KNS,the "Solid Bar" style,not the "Dogbone" Style is what I use and have for several years.If you call KNS instead of order from their site you will save about $8 and get it in about three days.Great Service.

I run the KNS pins and have always found them to be excellent products. I have some of the original Gen 1 "dogbone" pins, but mostly the newer, Gen II style.

I have posted this before, but it is worth repeating. Most of the people that I see who install or who want to install KNS pins have no real need to do so (wanting them is a different story and to each their own if that is what you want for your rifle). The KNS pins, while they can be used successfully in any AR-type rifle/carbine, are really only necessary for rifles that are: 1) used in full auto or burst modes; 2) on 9mm, 45acp and other "blowback" type setups where a significant amount of additional stress/strain is placed on the trigger/hammer pins; and 3) if you are running your AR suppressed.

If you don't have a "need" for them, your can save yourself $30 and stick with the stock hammer/trigger pins. If you WANT them, go for it and don't look back as they are excellent products.