• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Which NV scope to buy?

new_guy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
USA
I'm looking to buy a NV scope. $3,500 - $4,000 is the budget... have no idea where to begin.

Can you guys point me in the right direction with makes and models?

Thanks,

Re: Which NV scope to buy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: new_guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm looking to buy a NV scope. $3,500 - $4,000 is the budget... have no idea where to begin.

Can you guys point me in the right direction with makes and models?

Thanks, </div></div>

Go to TNVC.com, and check out your options.

I've got a 6X D-760 GenIII "Hand Select" and it's a wonderful precise scope.
A buddy of mine, a Marine sniper with several tours in Iraq/Afghanistan was blown away by the quality of the image. "You legally bought this?" he asked me.
Call Vic and he or Chip will go over your options with you.

SPRD760.jpg

i have found that a weapons scope is limiting.....

something like a pvs14 that can mount ON a weapons system is more useful....and be hand held to scan targets is .....more better

The BNS from TNVC.com compares nice to the some of the PVS 22's iv seen, not quite as nice as PVS 26's though. The BNS is a little more than your price range but may be worth considering.

Victor at TNVC is your first and best line for products and information. $4k gets you a really nice dedicated NV scope, but like boltripper said...you may want a NVD like the PVS-14, etc. that will give you more of a multi-role setup. Victor will be able to talk with you about your particular needs/desires for a NVD and get you pointed in the right direction with your budget in mind.

Another vote for going with victor, he is a really nice guy, I have talked to him a couple times but just havent pulled the trigger on something yet. If you want a dedicated scope the D760 or D740 are your best bet, otherwise you could go with a PVS-14 behind an eotech. A little more versatile and about the same cost but probably not as good for longer shots.

CJG

Boltripper is right, for 95% of us, a PVS-14 is the best single NV device to have, and it was the first one I bought.
Weapon or helmet (with IR laser) mount, it's the way to go unless you need a dedicated long range platform.
[img:]http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/d/edwin907/SBRNF.jpg[/img]

And of course, if you already have the above, the AN/PVS-22 is the best way to go.
Performance in a word, is outstanding!
[img:]http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/d/edwin907/USO10X2.jpg[/img]

Can not wait for the rail for my bolt to get here, in the meantime the 760 works well with the bolt action.