• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which of these recomendation

shadowsk

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2009
Upstate SC
Hi, I finally got my Lawyer to draw up my NFA trust and I'm ready to purchase. I went by local shop and the owner recommended these 5. It will go on a Longrifles, Inc. built barreled Rem .308 action (Bartlein 22" varmint) mounted on a KRG Xray Chassis. I shoot primarily from prone off a Bipod.

SilencerCo: Harvester (said it was the newest out and good price point, $650 or so I think he said)

AAC:Cyclone or Titan Ti (I'm leaning toward the Titan Ti even with the premium price of $1500 because he said it would handle up to .338 if I decided to go that route in future)

Thunderbeast

Liberty: Victory

Thanks for any advice.

I went with the Thunderbeast 30P1, Titanium. It's my first so I can't give any opinion on others. Talked with them today and should have my number in a week. Still working on my trust.

The Harvester and Cyclone is a fair comparison. Unless you're sure you will need a big bore in the future I would not pick the Titan.

I have a Cyclone and it's a really sweet can. I'm sure the Harvester is good too but if it were me I would really add the 30P1 to your list for consideration. If you're willing to spend 1500 on the Titan the 30P1 gives you the same build materials, it's magnum rated and has a very good track record. There are a lot of them in use by precision shooters.

In the end they are all good cans.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a can that can handle up to a 338 lapua, both Silencer Co and Thunderbeast make versions to compliment that cartridge. Might want to check them out again.

Just picked up my first can, Thunderbeast 30BA last night and shot it today on my AR15. No change of impact and I believe it is quietter than my buddies AAC. I can't wait to try it on my 6.5x47.

Hi, I finally got my Lawyer to draw up my NFA trust and I'm ready to purchase. I went by local shop and the owner recommended these 5. It will go on a Longrifles, Inc. built barreled Rem .308 action (Bartlein 22" varmint) mounted on a KRG Xray Chassis. I shoot primarily from prone off a Bipod.

SilencerCo: Harvester (said it was the newest out and good price point, $650 or so I think he said)

AAC:Cyclone or Titan Ti (I'm leaning toward the Titan Ti even with the premium price of $1500 because he said it would handle up to .338 if I decided to go that route in future)

Thunderbeast

Liberty: Victory

Thanks for any advice.

For my bolt and lever guns, I have the Harvester 30cal, TBAC 30p1, and a couple of Liberty cans, and they all are very nice. The Harvester is very light, but only 4 oz or so less than the other two. The things I like about the Harvester are its low price and interchangeable mounts/thread sizes. But based on how you said you will be shooting, I'd go with either the 30p1 or the Victory. I probably shoot my 30p1 more than any other and really like it. I don't have any experience with AAC. If going with a 338 can, research I've done has led me to believe the brake attached cans are probably stronger and a better choice overall. Any of those you mentioned should be great for you though, and will make you feel like you don't want to shoot unsuppressed again.

Thanks guys...From some reading of reviews looks like the 30p1 is they way to go for .308 and that's what it will be used on. The Gun Shop owner didn't mention any model numbers so I really didn't know which to ask about. But I knew you guys would point me in the right direction. Thanks. The shop owner was really high on the Harvester though.

I would highly recommend the Titan Ti. Your 338 cans are (generally speaking) going to outperform the 30 cal cans - even on .30 cal cartridges - based on the additional internal volume that can would have. I initially bought my Titan for a 338 Lapua, but in addition to that rig, I use it often on 6.5 CM, a 12.5" 308 and even my 6.5 Grendel. Using it on my .338 Fed I get within 2db of my .223 with a KAC NT4. I also have an AAC MK-13. I initially planned on using it on all of the above mentioned rifles, but the Titan is so much quieter that ive left the MK13 on my 300 BLK almost exclusively. The .338 TBAC is the only other .338 can i would consider, even though it would add additional length. If that isnt an issue id look into that option as i feel the .338 TBAC outperforms the AAC in terms of accuracy and sound reduction...

Last edited:
In general and everything else equal, a smaller can will be louder than a larger can.

"Full size" .308 cans are usually around 1.5" x 9" in length, using the 30P-1 as an example.

.338LM cans (such as the Titan-TI as named in the top post) or our 338BA (referred to in post #4) are generally a lot larger in volume than their .308 cal counterparts, and will suppress magnum .30 cal cartridges much better than their .308 counterparts.

The Harvester is smaller than the average full size .308 can; it is more in line with the volume of our 7" 30PS. For us the 7" 30PS typically meters 2-3 dB louder than the 9" 30P-1 when shooting .308.

I mention the above mainly because the original candidates in the top post represent a pretty broad class of cans, from smaller than "standard" .308 up through big .338 cans, and a price difference of 3x.

As a separate comment, since the .338 cans are in play, we typically do not recommend to step up to our 338BA for a .30 cal shooter unless he knows he will be shooting .338 and needs to suppress that as well, or he will be shooting subcaliber magnums and wants the max suppression. For normal 6mm to .308 cartridges (ie, not much more powder than .308), the .30 cal cans do fine.

I think the 338BA would add 0.4" more overall length vs. the direct thread Titan-TI, looking at the specs. The 338BA is a very quiet can, it might be the most impressive in our line-up.

Z,
Im curious why you wouldn't recommend going with a .338 can for prone shooting with a .30 cal non-mag cartridge? If i were to do it all over i would have held out for a full auto rated can like a KAC QDC for my shorty 308 and used .338 for everything else. The 8 ounces and only 1" of additional length means next to nothing to me after it's attached to a 12 lb rig. All i care about at that point is how quiet and accurately I'm shooting and the level of recoil I'm feeling.

Is it just an application-specific sort of view?

My .338 vs my .308 are the same length and negligible difference in the weight. At the end of the day theres a big difference in the sound reduction...at least to my ear.

My take on it is that for the person who will be shooting mostly .260 or .308, with some 6.5x47 or .243 and some 6.5-284, 7RM, or .300WM, the regular .30 cal cans do just fine while the .338 versions are usually 1.5x-2x as expensive and a lot larger and heavier. Those are the only downsides, though, as you correctly point out. Personally I do not like the extra bulk on my .260, .308, or 7mm RM and the smaller cans suppress those well. In the 338 IMO the larger can is required to get good suppression performance.

Gotcha. My first glimpse at a TBAC 338BA was on a 16" DTA in 6.5 CM up at Triggertime in Longmont. That can was stupid quiet. Enough that i tried to get Zach to talk you guys into a 458 for me. Some day my man...some day ;-)

I have cyclone, thunderbeast 30p-1, and SDN-6. I shoot them all on .308s. Of the three the thunderbeast is my favorite. The cyclone is a good accurate can but heavier...sound is about the same as the tbeast to my ears but a good 300 dollars cheaper and not .300wm rated. The n6 is obviously louder....I run it on an ar platform to decrease OAL.