• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which one? Laser or Holographic budget suggestions

llajumpvid

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
I'm looking to put a "budget" holographic or laser site on my AR15 mounted with a 45d picatinny. By budget I'd like to stay under $100. This if primarily going to be a hog/dog gun. I have a nikon coyote mounted on it for my primary optic.

I have no experience with either one so would like some info. I see Mueller has http://muelleroptics.com/products/MQS12233MB.html I also saw browning has a $50 model out this year.
I have a Mueller scope on one of my other rifles and think it excellent for the price and wonder if that same quality applies to this.

I think I'd prefer a holo over laser for no reason other than simplicity but see this backup optic being used for low light close quarter shooting. Does a "budget" holo work in low light?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Which one? Laser or Holographic budget suggestions

Hmmmm..... Sorry. I don't know. I have no experience with that.

I would be concerned about a 'buget' something working well for anything, never mind trying to push the envelope of its intended purpose.

My budget solutions for close range heavily favor iron sights.

I can think of many reasons, legal and functional, not to use a laser.

My question is why you feel the need to spend for a budget, back up, optic, for close range.

Re: Which one? Laser or Holographic budget suggestions

Glad I asked I didn't think about it being illegal for hunting with laser...makes choices a little easier.