• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which one of you is hoarding the Remingtons?

They are pretty cool….

Need to 3d scan these parts to finish up the other lowers. Mag and bolt releases were custom to the ERASR.

I’m case anyone else comes looking for info by it took me quite a while to figure out that even though these are AR10 they are considered small frame ar and they fall under DPMS G2 specs.

View attachment 8125173
View attachment 8125174
View attachment 8125172

View attachment 8125175

View attachment 8125176

View attachment 8125177
Defense Depot manufactures and sells DPMS GII lower parts.

Reactions: macethetemplar
Does the ERASR lower use a standard G2 upper and BCG?
Kind of, the ERASR/R-10 upper has a cutout for a small plate that the charging handle latch hooks on to and it has a notch cut out of the to top for the handguard index tab. The G2 does not have these.

It is also important to note that there are two versions of the bolt that was used in the R10. Both are G2 bolts, but later in it’s life they charged the the lugs to be longer to help with a feeding issue they were having. Since there are two versions of the bolt there are also two versions of the bolt catch/release. One has a relief cut for the longer lugs and one does not, for use with the older bolt. If you happen to get a long lug bolt with a non relief cut catch you will not be able to lock the bolt back.

FYI I have an unreleased Geissele R-10 handguard if anyone is in need of one.

Attachments

• F57DE03E-4060-4FC3-A373-8696CC1C26DD.jpeg
    F57DE03E-4060-4FC3-A373-8696CC1C26DD.jpeg
    777.5 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
The main differences between the GII and ERASR receiver sets is the ambidextrous bolt hold-open and release lever, similar to the Hk416A5, and the QD sling swivel sockets.

DPMS GII never had those.

Dunno about Remington, but i gots sum of them big jugs of reloder 26 ;)

Last edited:
To bad JP doesn't offer that handguard design, I like it. I wouldn't want that gas block set up though, almost looks like a gas piston system.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
To bad JP doesn't offer that handguard design, I like it. I wouldn't want that gas block set up though, almost looks like a gas piston system.
I hear ya. This is how they came straight from Rem, gotta keep OG.
Not many of these out there.
The hand guard is cool, since you can still use all of Cadex’s current accessories on it.

Reactions: bigjake83
I’m a few months late to this party, but for what it’s worth I did a very in depth write up comparing the R10 to a G2 on another forum. It has since been archived and the pictures aren’t showing up anymore. If there’s interest I can take the time to post pics here, but the write up portion is enough to give you an idea of what the upgrades are to the R10.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Review-Remington-Defense-R10-vs-DPMS-G2-Recon/121-746734/

Kind of, the ERASR/R-10 upper has a cutout for a small plate that the charging handle latch hooks on to and it has a notch cut out of the to top for the handguard index tab. The G2 does not have these.

It is also important to note that there are two versions of the bolt that was used in the R10. Both are G2 bolts, but later in it’s life they charged the the lugs to be longer to help with a feeding issue they were having. Since there are two versions of the bolt there are also two versions of the bolt catch/release. One has a relief cut for the longer lugs and one does not, for use with the older bolt. If you happen to get a long lug bolt with a non relief cut catch you will not be able to lock the bolt back.

FYI I have an unreleased Geissele R-10 handguard if anyone is in need of one.
I might be interested! Could you post a pic? Curious to see what it looks like. Would be nice to get rid of the screw-on RAHG rail.

I might be interested! Could you post a pic? Curious to see what it looks like. Would be nice to get rid of the screw-on RAHG rail.
That handguard is long gone, but here are some pictures! Funny enough the kept the PEM serts lol, it was a bit lighter than the Remington handguard though.

Attachments

• IMG_8835.jpeg
    IMG_8835.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8834.jpeg
    IMG_8834.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_8689.jpeg
    IMG_8689.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_8688.jpeg
    IMG_8688.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: RC556
That handguard is long gone, but here are some pictures! Funny enough the kept the PEM serts lol, it was a bit lighter than the Remington handguard though.
Man that is awesome! Thank you for sharing those. Hate that I missed out on that. Very cool piece.

I’ve been trying to find a stray updated Remington rail since I got my R10. The updated model had a cutout for an adjustable gas block and utilized MLok slots.

Out of curiosity, how did you end up with that G rail?

Bchico14 posted a photo of the R10 ERASR a DPMS G2+ (ambi-bolt release catch) rifle from Remington Defense. Remington had another more standard DPMS G2 (non-ambi-bolt catch) rifle called the R25 they sold to the public. Remington Defense as far as I can remember didn’t sell the R10 ERASR directly to the public until just before bankruptcy and nearly all of those are the Tunisia contract over run models. What Nolegs24 posted is a different rifle completely its the Remington RSASS (not DPMS GII) entry for the SASS competition developed jointly with JP Rifles.

Reactions: msgriff