• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which one of you is this?????

I don't know if I'd call the shooter a sniper. If it was from the rooftop, the shot was probably less than 100 yards across a parking lot.

Sniper.jpg

Reactions: 10ring'r and Fig
A sniper huh? At what, about 15-20 yards? “...by someone in the apartment building across the street, which is a government-subsidized facility.”

Not likely one of us fine belligerents.
I agree. One of us would have been at least 1200-1400 yards away at least.
"1387 yards exactly... right in the grape. Cold bore of course old boy..."

Lolol, not exactly what I meant, but funny enough. More than likely, it was one of those JIPs.

thankfully the shooter was not that accurate. must have been bipod hop.

"It's not just a four-story apartment building, it's a four-story apartment building that is government subsidized for mentally ill people," the mayor said. "I mean, let's call it what it is. Why do you put mentally ill people in a four-story apartment building across from the sheriff's department?"

Sounds like a pretty good place to put a building full of crazy people.

And yet the media is all over sniper attacks. No, it is not a sniper, which is a trained professional.

This is an evil person, probably a retard, who shot someone from across the street.

But not if you are CNN. Then it is dangerous and belligerent snipers.

And you wonder why LL wants to have a community that does not fit some nasty narrative? It is because of stuff like this.

I bet traffic on this site spikes and all kinds of “journalists” are sniffing around as we speak, trying to figure out how we trained, inspired or “are” the nut job who is not a sniper... but an attempted murderer who belongs in jail or a facility. Not walking the streets.

Sirhr

And yet the media is all over sniper attacks. No, it is not a sniper, which is a trained professional.

This is an evil person, probably a retard, who shot someone from across the street.

And you wonder why LL wants to have a community that does not fit some nasty narrative? It is because of stuff like this.

I bet traffic on this site spikes and all kinds of “journalists” are sniffing around as we speak, trying to figure out how we trained, inspired or “are” the nut job who is not a sniper... but an attempted murderer who belongs in jail or a facility. Not walking the streets.

Sirhr

I was thinking the same thing.

Sirhr
Like I said, a Jip (Justice involved person) or an MCI (mentally confused individual).

Would those vests stop a .308 at 100yds? (non-glancing hit)
Generally, no.

Would need thick ceramic plates, which most patrol officers don't use.

High-cross-section soft points/HP are what vests are best at. Its one of the reason that the 5.7FN got all the bad press as a 'cop killer'. It's not the gun, it's the hi-vel, pointy, small cross-section round that vests have a hard time with.

Sirhr

Think media defines a sniper as anyone who shoots from a position of concealment

How does one take a shot 100 yards from a police station and get away?

I will bet that it was just some dumbass that discharged into the air. The dumbass was probably two miles away.
Two years ago (?) an Amish girl was hit in the head by a stray bullet while driving her buggy home. The bullet was from some schmuck that fired his muzzleloader into the air to unload it. He was three miles away from her.

First of all I'll but guarantee the shooter was of the left wing persuasion, long slow look over at antifa. We may have our disagreements with or against LEO but its extremely rare anyone on our side would take a shot at them let alone doing something like that.

Second of all I have yet to read what was used for the shot but unless it was a reduced load centerfire round the officer had to be hit with a .22. At 100yds a .308 family cartridge should go through that vest, the only other option would be a pistol but that would be a heck of a shot for a pistol.

Lastly, glad the officer is still alive and well. He probably got a pretty good adrenaline rush I'm sure but I have no doubt he'll take that over other outcomes.

Pretty Stupid Post Title

In this day and age, you're asking for trouble and honestly if it comes down to me or you, you'll go first.

Why skyline the group, you know every agency on the planet is scouring these sites looking for issues, try being smarter and not just a hyperbolic tool.

Every .gov organization has agents on here, don't be an idiot - last and only warning

First of all I'll but guarantee the shooter was of the left wing persuasion, long slow look over at antifa. We may have our disagreements with or against LEO but its extremely rare anyone on our side would take a shot at them let alone doing something like that.

Second of all I have yet to read what was used for the shot but unless it was a reduced load centerfire round the officer had to be hit with a .22. At 100yds a .308 family cartridge should go through that vest, the only other option would be a pistol but that would be a heck of a shot for a pistol.

Lastly, glad the officer is still alive and well. He probably got a pretty good adrenaline rush I'm sure but I have no doubt he'll take that over other outcomes.

I believe the officer was hit in the upper arm based on news reports. Vest did not come into play.

Sirhr

I believe the officer was hit in the upper arm based on news reports. Vest did not come into play.

Sirhr
i also heard reports he was hit in the vest and the round was deflected into his shoulder. i do not know the truth for certain.
his commander said he would have been killed without the vest.

Well it turns out the high powered rifle is a pellet gun. Yep. This “sniper” chose a pellet gun for his 100 yard shot. Thank goodness the officer had on a vest or the pellet could have broken the skin.

I am not making fun of the officer. I am laughing at the media again. I believe nothing anymore.

Would explain the deflection in the shoulder, I don't have a high end pellet gun, but even mine cracks off around 1700 fps.
1700 fps would definitely be on the high end of pellet rifles. Most are far less. Even then the distance that was described, the shot would be far less than lethal. Speed scrubs off fast on these things. There are some larger bore pellet rifles that carry more steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Sky Country
It will still get portrayed in the worst possible light for gun owners.

“Retard with pellet gun bruises deputy” will be the fact... “sniper with lethal scoped weapon attempts to kill deputy” will
Remain the story.

Journalists have their narrative and don’t care about the facts. They want to support their activism at all costs. The biggest cost being accuracy and truth.

But what should we expect? Honesty? Please. These are reporters. Lower than car salesmen and pimps..

Sirhr

And we are definitely the test dummies, especially since this happened in California... Again... Even with all our common sense gun laws.

Well it turns out the high powered rifle is a pellet gun. Yep. This “sniper” chose a pellet gun for his 100 yard shot. Thank goodness the officer had on a vest or the pellet could have broken the skin.

I am not making fun of the officer. I am laughing at the media again. I believe nothing anymore.

Probably a street gang initiation. They gave the prospective recruit a pellet rifle and told him to make the shot. Not necessarily to kill or inflict major harm, but rather, to prove to the leadership that he has the balls to do it...

After thinking about Franks ( lowlight ) response, an reading the PM's an E-mails about this thread title I will say this.

If we are to the point of getting bent out of shape over a thread title, they have won. The pellet gun was known prior to post an the title was a fucking joke. I was poking fun at the media. That said if you guys are to the point it jacks your jaw, an triggers you, that simple shit drives you to the point like some of your responses w/o thinking first, then you need to do what you think is best.

After thinking about Franks ( lowlight ) response, an reading the PM's an E-mails about this thread title I will say this.

If we are to the point of getting bent out of shape over a thread title, they have won. The pellet gun was known prior to post an the title was a fucking joke. I was poking fun at the media. That said if you guys are to the point it jacks your jaw, an triggers you, that simple shit drives you to the point like some of your responses w/o thinking first, then you need to do what you think is best.
I can’t believe guys pm’d you complaints. Dang.

I can’t believe guys pm’d you complaints. Dang.

I can't speak for any others... but I will stand up and say I did PM gunfighter. Not to complain, but to simply suggest a thread title change in light of the recent discussion about content, a spate of bannings and LL's crystal-clear suggestions about skylining above.

I actually agree with GF's statement. And I didn't know about the pellet gun thing before PMing him.. which certainly changes the level of humor in his title. Even before that... I knew it's a joke... everyone here knew it was a joke. But we're not a closed community. And our humor can be twisted by people who can track in on it and want to twist it. Everything gets twisted now. Never in our favor.

Anyway, no complaints filed. Merely a suggestion as a friend that in this climate a title change might be warranted. I like reading GF's stuff here... I'd like it to continue.

Cheers,

Sirhr

If we are at the point where we post stupid shit without thinking how it may reflect upon us, then they will win. JMHO

Reactions: tnc
If we are at the point where we post stupid shit without thinking how it may reflect upon us, then they will win. JMHO
They control the narrative. We play defense. This was @Gunfighter14e2 point would be my guess.

Nothing normal people do will appease the crazy left. They have no guiding light. I say fuck em. I could care less what they think.

The owner here doesn’t like what was said and that is all that matters as its his place.

I understand GF’s point. I also understand this:

There is a war on guns. There is a war on speech. We are the defenders. Sending ammo to your enemy is not a good defense strategy.

Some day one of these nuts will have posted on here. Suddenly all the anti Leo threads and all the LEGOWI threads are highlighted. The crazy left goes ballistic Frank gets a letter. Mr Frank we can no longer host your domain. SH is a threat to society.

Frank scrambled but no one will host.

Some come here and spout that not being able to have free speech on SH means they live on their knees. That is a crock of horseshit.

Respecting the sites owner is not a chain of bondage.

Think it can’t happen? It fucking can.

So is my grandsons red rider going to be on the governments radar now.
It does have a high capacity tube.

Just the name of this forum (Sniper's Hide) is always going to be seen in a negative light by anyone on the left and I bet they drive by everyday hoping to stumble upon a post or two they can use as ammo against the 2A and gun owners. Part of me thinks who cares F-Them then part of me understands Frank not wanting to give them any more ammo to paint us in a bad light.

The lack of awareness on some of these threads is amazing.