• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which one would you choose?

Re: Which one would you choose?

I have owned the Leica,
it was nice, I could hit a small scrub tree or a 12" x 12" plate at 1000....

I will say, I had to steady it very well (tree/truck/etc)
to get it past 800....

No experience with the Zeiss

I switched to a Swaro, thus far it seems clearer and more forgiving, it will pick up objects easier...

The Leica 1600LRF is coming (check a thread by GR8FULDOUG for details) sand the price seems very reasonable. The Swarovski is more "forgiving" because it has a wider beam.

Like Jason recommends, just wait for the new Leica.

Ive got the Zeiss and Ive got no complaints about it. Ive used the Leica and I found that the Zeiss was clearer and ranging was quicker. Ive only owned it for about 8 months so time will tell...

I have an exchange I am going to do at Gander Mountain to purchase it, so I am basically limited to a small scope of time and exchanging it there. The Zeiss Victory is $100 more than the Leica CRF 1200, so I am kind of leaning towards Leica. Either one sounds like a good product.

Is the customer support for Leica usually good?

I have used the Leica, With steadying it really well I have got it to read 1300+ almost 1400. Great little range finder.

I am not bashing either product, because they are both top notch. That said, I think it would be the unusual, rather than the norm, if you were able to get good readings on game at 1K plus. Unless they are aluminum Tyrannosaurus's in good conditions. LOL.

Inside of 6-700 yards in good conditions were more typical of the results I have gotten with those 2 units. Again, they are both excellent optics, but I would wait for the new Leica or buy a Swaro.

Just got in the Leica CRF1200. I was kinda let down that it only has a two year warranty on it. Two years??? Figured it would be much more than that for that price. Am I reading it wrong or something?