• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which one?

Re: Advive on 9mm HK USP Stainless or FN FNP9 earth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TUMs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Figure the HK will keep going up in value too. </div></div>

You would be wrong. I purchased mine for around 650 and just sold it for 500. That was a USP compact. If you purchase something like the USP9-SD it might keep its value better. The best value keeper/increaser are the P7 variants. All the rest will depreciate.

The DA trigger pull is a bear on the USP. The SA pull is very nice. I have shot the FNP and have to say it is a wonderful pistol. However, I think if you are going 9mm you should check out the FNX. It has all the updates that were incorporated into the FNP-45, as the 45 FNP came around a bit after the 9 and 40.

Either way, the aftermarket for both weapons is minimal in comparison to other weapons. They will both run even if you treat them like a $2 hooker. If the plan is to keep them bone stock, go for it. Both are great suppressor hosts, but if you are simply looking for a carry gun, I think the FN might be a better option. It felt better to me.

My .02. YMMV.

Josh

Re: Which one?

HK all the way. But of course, it's personal preference.