• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Which one?

Hawaiian SRS-A1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2017
Looking at getting a new rifle. I currently have a Desert Tech SRS-A1. I am looking MDT, ( leaning towards the ESS ) MPA ( leaning towards the BA Hybrid Hunter CF/SF ) and the Christensen Arms MPR. I am really liking the MPA but wanted to know what everyone likes and dislikes about each. Wanted to get the rifle in either 6.5 PRC or 300 PRC, would also like to know if that’s the way to go. Seems like these 2 cartridges from what I have been reading may be the future. Not really sure though. I would also like to know want the majority likes as far as actions ( to be honest I no clue which one or why it matters? ) Price is not that big of a deciding factor as much as getting a good rifle. If there are other rifles out there that I have not mentioned with similar looks and features please feel free to mention them and what you like about them.
Greatly appreciate everyone’s knowledge !!??

Looking at getting a new rifle. I currently have a Desert Tech SRS-A1. I am looking MDT, ( leaning towards the ESS ) MPA ( leaning towards the BA Hybrid Hunter CF/SF ) and the Christensen Arms MPR. I am really liking the MPA but wanted to know what everyone likes and dislikes about each. Wanted to get the rifle in either 6.5 PRC or 300 PRC, would also like to know if that’s the way to go. Seems like these 2 cartridges from what I have been reading may be the future. Not really sure though. I would also like to know want the majority likes as far as actions ( to be honest I no clue which one or why it matters? ) Price is not that big of a deciding factor as much as getting a good rifle. If there are other rifles out there that I have not mentioned with similar looks and features please feel free to mention them and what you like about them.
Greatly appreciate everyone’s knowledge !!??

What do you plan on doing with the rifle?

Also, the MDT ESS is just a chassis. The MPA and MPR are both complete rifles.

Will not just get a caliber conversion kit for your DTA? What do you plan on doing with the rifle?

Planning on using it for hunting and long range target shooting ( which might not be that long ) out to 1500 yards max

I have 4 different calibers for my DTA but I wanted to try something different

I'd just go with a custom build so you can get exactly what you want. If you'll be doing a lot of hiking for hunting weight will need to be considered. As far as actions go there are some that don't do so well in dusty environments but for the most part it's hard to go wrong. I'm a fan of the Bighorn TL3 for it's simplicity and easy to change bolt heads. You can buy prefit shouldered barrels, an action wrench, and a vice and can change calibers at will.