• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Optics Mount for AR Large frame 6.5 Creedmore

which scope mount is better overall value

• Total voters

KnightOfNee

The One
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2010
Well, I just built another Large frame ar with a proof carbon barrel to keep it on the lighter side, I ended up getting Another Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 scope to sit on it, which is kinda heavy, so I figured that I wanted nice light good quality mount under $300 for it,
I have narrowed it down to:

1. Nightforce ultralight 34mm 20moa unimount for $260

2. a Jp enterprises 34mm 20moa , which weights 7oz for $215 ish

Which one would you all go with and why? also have any of you had any luck with the jp mount?, I have never owned one before.

Badger classic unimount? Badger COMM if you need accessory attachment interface? I’m a fan of the RRS SOAR mounts as well.

Badger unimount is about 8 ounces I believe, and seems a little bulkier than my JP mount. I liked the JP better than the Badger on my small frame gasser. It gave me a little more room for setting up proper eye relief. I had a Condition1 mount that seemed pretty nice as well, but sold it with a scope back to a buddy. I still run 2 Badger Unmounts, and one JP right now that are both pretty good IMO.

ARC M10 > Badger Con1 > Badger uni/NG ultralight.

Cheap mounts are for poors and poors opinions are useless.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jsp556
My requirements for an AR mount is it has to be 1 piece, it has to have 20MOA, and it has to have extension and QR is a non-starter. The NF is hard to argue against, probably the longest most widely used, but I doubt you could go wrong with JP. Badger would also be on my list, I still think they are under appreciated for the amount of durability/quality they bring for the price. I also stay away from 1-piece mounts with really wide rings, they simply don't offer enough scope position adjustment, learned that the hard way with a couple of SPHURs.

Honestly I've gone to having some forward extension on all my scope mounts, even bolt guns, with people finally learning that a shorter LOP is beneficial many of these longer scopes can be hard to get them properly positioned unless you really offset the scope tube in the rings which I try to avoid.

I completely understand about the issues that can arise from a wide set of rings like Spuhr. But, I still really love the Spuhr mounts and all the options they allow for mounting red dot or accessories to them. They are not cheap though.

I completely understand about the issues that can arise from a wide set of rings like Spuhr. But, I still really love the Spuhr mounts and all the options they allow for mounting red dot or accessories to them. They are not cheap though.

Yep Sphur are great mounts, and I love the fact they make direct mounts for the AI/TRG which is what motivated me to get them in the first place. Though all the cracked clamp plates as of late is little concerning. I just learned the hard way that having basically zero scope adjustment in the rings (Razor 2) on both my Sphur mounts on my AI and TRG meant either I had to run a longer LOP with a less than ideal trigger position, or I had to run the scope farther rearward than ideal. IMO most of these one piece mounts should have some forward extension on them like the 4616 etc. Probably why mounts like the JP, Badger, NF already have forward extension built in.

As for just running rings, my guess is for a long range AR the OP wants elevation built into the mount. The rail likely won't have any built in, and almost no rings allow for it. They are however the most adjustable option.

Reactions: MPDS13
If money isn't an issue, look into the Geissele super precision mounts. I had one and loved it. The machining was phenomenal.

Last edited:
JP for quality and fit as well as Warne Scope mounts, the Skyline set is as strong as they come IMHO.

Thanks for the info all, I ended up getting the nightforce unimount, the x-treme duty version which ended up being lighter yet.

Reactions: drewthebrave
Look at American Defense. I shot their SCAR mount. Super solid with my Razor Gen 2 and my Seekins SP-10. My thing is that it takes up so much rail and I wanted some rail for a red dot adjacent to the scope. I changed out the SCAR mount for a nightforce unimount. I also like the QD but I’m not really going to pull the scope off super fast. So I finally went to nightforce.

Yeah this is what I'd recommend as well. You can get some sweeeeeet rings for significantly less money and weight.

I would have liked to go with rings but with it being an AR with a flat rail, I wanted a 20moa increase in angle.