• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which radical? CCH, H59, Tremor3?

186thFCo

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2017
I’ve decided to order a Leupold MK5 HD, just want to know the advantages and disadvantages between the three radicals, I’ve never used a tree style radical before and will still likely dial up for most of my shots. Advice?

1GnQ.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
F@#king auto correct, yes I meant reticle....... fml
I know. I was being for real. That’s what the Tremor3 looks like. 👍 Radical was a perfect word.

- ATACR 4-16 Tremor3 owner. Might end up being one of one with a K525i in Tremor3 as soon as I stop having other priorities. If I was buying a Mk5HD it would be Tremor3 or Illuminated TMR.

Edit to actually answer question:
The three you refer to, are sort of different in principle. CCH and H59 are on one side and Tremor3 on the other. I’d watch some of the Accuracy1st videos on each and see which catches you. They all will hit a target. (Maybe a terrible answer.)

Last edited:
If time isn’t a factor, wait for the new reticle that should be releasing soon.

Anything but a Leuplod!! Not a fan of their scopes. I run S&B. Kahlas and Vortex. Then it really depends on what type of shooting. For ELR I use the H-59 for 1 moa steel shoots the T3 is my choice or the AMR.

Tremor 3 hands down. Since I got my first T3 equipped scope a few years ago I've been sold. The wind dot system works great and if you don't want to use the dots you can use it just like a standard reticle with .2mil hash marks since it's just an H59 with the wind dots added and a couple other things. It's also faster for me to figure out which line I need to be on with the T3 since the dots that get bolder add some variation to each line and help me count if you will. The grid is numbered but for me this is faster.

I ran the H59 before the T3, great reticle, just the wind dots are awesome and you get 2 for 1 with the T3 since it's still an H59 at heart.

I had a LRP with the CCH in it, it's a better reticle than a mildot or something like that and about on par with most grid reticles but doesn't have .2mil hash marks and once you get accustomed to them there's simple no going back.

If time isn’t a factor, wait for the new reticle that should be releasing soon.

I wish Leupold would come out with a date for release or even just an hint of what it’s going to be like. Last I checked all I have found on it is only what’s on another post here. And that only boils down to that they are excited for the upcoming release and that they think that people will like it...... Whole lot of info there

I’ve decided to order a Leupold MK5 HD, just want to know the advantages and disadvantages between the three radicals, I’ve never used a tree style radical before and will still likely dial up for most of my shots. Advice?
Reticle you mean? I know I couldnt spell either till they sent me to grunt school 😂

Simply cannot stand the Tremor 3 reticle...H-59 is all I need...T3 is uber clutter and the dots draw my eye focus into a rave party....

Reticle? TreMor 3 without question IMO.

But Radicles, Please tell us that was spell check or something and not what you typed?