• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which rangefinder has the best glass

Blue72

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
Looking for a rangefinder with amazing glass.

looking at monocular format only, no binoculars....thanks in advance

Leica for me too.
In my experience, lower cost rangefinders will pickup twigs, grasses, etc and provide incorrect distance readings when the intended target is beyond.

So is the glass on the Leica comparable to the trinovid or ultravid

We are still running the Leica 2700-B's, for the members, for only $499.99 shipped. Give us a call, 516-217-1000, mention SH and we will get one on the way to you

Doug, once I make the decision. I’ll come to the store.

Is the storefront open during covid?

I can’t remember which Leica I looked through earlier this year at a match, but it was nice. My teammate won a Vortex Razor HD 4000 at the same match, and I was super impressed with the glass quality in it.

Picked up a Leica 2700 from cameraland (sorry I missed you at the store Doug). I was able to range dogs and two legged creatures on my beach about 1150 yards away. Beyond that it started to get a little more difficult. But that should be enough range for the target shooting I do.

the optics are impressive...but I was expecting a warmer tint. Since many people write how Leica glass has very saturated colors. Is this rangefinder representative of Leica binoculars and spotting scopes......or am I just used to the warmer colors of my Nikon optics

For me the Zeiss is slightly better than the Leica and Vectronix, however today the Leica is a better Range finder overall and I would go with Leica.

I'd have to say my Vector 21's have the best glass I've ever looked through in a range finding unit.

A close 2nd would be my Leica 8X42 HD-B 3000's.....for my eyes anyway.

Damn hard to beat Leica, glass and small ranging image. I’ve ran Leica RF when the 600/800 first came out up to my Leica HD3000B. Call Doug at Cameraland, ($499 is a hell of a great price.)

Reactions: SporterII