• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Redding Press

duke54

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2008
The Twilight Zone
Which Redding Press Big Boss or Ultra Mag Have a lot of LC 30-06 brass to resize and .308. I had a Rock Chucker in the 80s and sold off all my stuff. I am now going at it again so now I am buying component pieces.Opinions?

Re: Which Redding Press

Those are 2 big presses for these cases, but both will work. I use the Big Boss for calibers longer than about 4" (408 CT, etc). I would look at the Redding T-7. I love mine. But a standard rock chucker, or other single stage will work fine.

I have a Ultra mag and have used it with great success for .260rem, .308win, .30-06 and .338 lapua magnum with redding competition dies.

The T-7 is a good press also. I'm using one for my High Power ammo in .223 and .308.

Are you resizing .30-06 to .308? There was poster that did that a few months ago.

any issues with the ultra mag loading from the front as opposed to the others loading from the side? i guess just getting used to it is all . zediker calls the ultra mag the LC press for sizing Lack City once fired brass?

Especially for the cartridges mentioned by the OP, the Forster Co-Ax is the best designed, best built single stage reloading press available.

Andy

I know its not Redding (I use their dies), but I second the Forster Co-Ax, and I believe it will go up to .338 Lapua Mag. Its a beast of a press.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcwallace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know its not Redding (I use their dies), but I second the Forster Co-Ax, and I believe it will go up to .338 Lapua Mag. Its a beast of a press.</div></div>

I agree. In the single stage arena, it's hard to beat the Co-Ax.

RT

Co-ax. do a search on here and its rocomended over any other press 10-1. I have one as many do and love it!

CJG