• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Rifle combo should I choose?

alee18

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
AZ
I have a option to buy these rifles whats the best option for the buck, in terms of accuracy, trigger pull, build quality, action feel.

I want to stick with .223 due to ammo cost.

I'm trying to spend as little as possible, because this is going to be my first rifle. However, if its cheaper to buy $500 rifle and get significantly better trigger, stock etc... rather than spend $300 on rifle at first and then buy the after market parts, one at a time.

1) Remington 700 VTR 233 like new condition $500

2) Any Savage model with accu-trigger (ie: 10, 11 etc) used condition below $500

3) Savage Stevens 200 or Axis with aftermarket trigger such as Basix or Timney ( adjustable 1-4lbs trigger pull) for extra $85.

PS. I know I have opened a different thread asking for a good rifle for a noob, I have narrowed down to these options since. However, Im still open to other suggestions.

Thank you.

Re: Which Rifle combo should I choose?

BTW I have to say I really like how VTR Rem 700 looks
smile.gif
but I heard that their X Mark Pro trigger is not that good and voids the warranty if altered with, unlike the accu-trigger.

Re: Which Rifle combo should I choose?

Base on what you wrote Savage in my opinion. I would not get the axis get the steven.