• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which rifle would be best

m beebout

Minuteman
Aug 18, 2013
im looking at new rifles and and was wondering about a kimber montana,or sako 85 i shoot a ruger m77 mark2 now and even though its been a great gun to me i think its time to get a new one and dont know which one would be the better of two or do i get a rem 700 and have a custom barrel put on it. im thinking in 7mm or 7mm08

They're both very nice rifles. I have a 223 Montana and regretfully sold a 243 Montana and both rifles were light and accurate. I've shot a few Sako 85's and they were very nice as well. I'd pick the rifle that has the features you want, you really can't go wrong with either.

You're going to get a lock of flack about what you want to do with the rifle etc. etc. etc. I agree with redneckbmxer24, both are good rifles. Without more info, hard to give you more accurate advice. Something else to consider, the Tikka.

i currently shoot the 7mm and deer hunt and elk hunt with it,i really like the 7mm and im just wanting to be able to shoot further then i do now,my ruger is great out to 400 yards but im thinking now that ive been doing it a few years that id like to get to 600 or even 750 yards