• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which rings for my Savage TRR

JayCarver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2011
Alberta, Canada
So I decided to get a 22lr trainer setup, I ordered a Savage Mark II TRR. First thing I'm doing is taking off the factory rail's and installing a DIP 25MOA Rail.

I have decided on a Millet LRS 6-25x56 35mm tube scope, it comes with a really high set of rings so I will need something lower, I'm just not sure if I should get Low or Med Millet Tactical Rings?

I came across this picture on here somewhere but cant find it now, it's the same rifle and scope, looks like low rings but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know?
4945681192_06c1a73a53_b.jpg

Re: Which rings for my Savage TRR

Don't hold me to this, but those rings in the above pic look a hell of alot like my medium height Burris Xtreme Tactical series rings. Mine are 30mm though, they're not offered in 35mm.

I also know that the bubble level on the above scope is also only offered for 1" and 30mm scope tubes. Your scope is not the same as in the pic above.

I will try to measure my rings when I get home. The original LRS scopes came with lower rings while the newer ones come with rings more useful for an AR application. I have the LRS and a TR at home so I should be able to get you in the ballpark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkless</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will try to measure my rings when I get home. The original LRS scopes came with lower rings while the newer ones come with rings more useful for an AR application. I have the LRS and a TR at home so I should be able to get you in the ballpark. </div></div>

That would be great thanks.

I have the TR, not sure if they use the same bases as the TRR but they are very low and there isn't much of a step from the receiver to the barrel. With that said, I'd guess you are going to need around .75" high rings to get that scope on there. Unfortunately Millett doesn't list heights so you might want to see what it comes with and go from there. It would be wise to send them an email as well asking for the heights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Linkless</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the TR, not sure if they use the same bases as the TRR but they are very low and there isn't much of a step from the receiver to the barrel. With that said, I'd guess you are going to need around .75" high rings to get that scope on there. Unfortunately Millett doesn't list heights so you might want to see what it comes with and go from there. It would be wise to send them an email as well asking for the heights. </div></div>

The bases on the TR and TRR are didderent but I'm going to run a DIP 25 MOA rail anyways so that doesent matter, the rail sits kinda high so we will see what happens.