• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which rings from Cabela's

Smith97z71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2012
NW Ohio
Have $225 in gift certificates from Cabelas and am looking at rings for my 6.5 Grendel AR in the 30mm Range. $100 of it is going towards a new Stock for the AR and the rest for rings and maybe a little out of pocket. Was looking at the Leupold Mark 2 mount but can't find any reviews on it
Leupold® Mark 2™ Integrated Mounting System : Cabela's

Also the Burris PEPR but from what ive heard its pretty cheap.

Also the Burris XTR's are on "sale" from cabelas.

Then came across this Warne which looks promising and would allow me to do the 45 degree mount as well but not sure

Warne Skeletonized Scope Mount : Cabela's

I dunno Im indecisive? What do you guys think.

For the price and the selection Cabela's has, I would go with the Warne - either the mount or the rings. They are not Seekins or NF, or Badger, but I have had a couple sets of Warne that have stood up and performed just fine.

For the price and the selection Cabela's has, I would go with the Warne - either the mount or the rings. They are not Seekins or NF, or Badger, but I have had a couple sets of Warne that have stood up and performed just fine.

Yeah Im leaning towards the Skelotonized mount. I like the Ramp more but don't like that they only have the 1" option at Cabelas. I have a set of USO's and those things are tough but they are on my .308. Im kind of leaning towards the mount just for more eye relief and the pushing the scope forwards. I also don't like the Vertically split rings but was considering them

The vertical rings are a little of a PITA to get mounted, but once they are on, I have found them to hold up well.