• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which rings would you suggest,,,,PICS UP

Laser1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2009
The Great State of Texas
I'll be mounting a Swaro, 1" tube on a Parker Hale 270 Win bolt gun. The PH has a different looking set of bases than the normal Weavers I am use to seeing. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Which rings would you suggest,,,,

A picture of the bases would be helpful. Hard to diagnose which rings will fit without one.

Bob

The back base says Parker-Hale England A 28. The front base says Parker-Hale England A 22. Can't figure out how to post pics...anyone want to help? Have gone to FAQ and it doesn't help, can't fine file manager. Its got to be easy, I just can't figure it out.

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

Laser,

My research, though incomplete, seems to suggest that those P-H bases use a 19mm dovetail.

I found this note on a site in the UK:

T050C - Two piece double screw mounts with removable steel recoil arrestor pin. Especially suitable for CZ 19 mm (large action) dovetails including the CZ550 and ZKK600/601/602. Also fits appropriate Parker Hale bases.

Best I could do.

Bob

I think the original rings had a small ball that fit into the hole in the base. I'll look into the 19mm rings for the CZ 550. That might be fairly easy to find. Thanks Bob.

Why not spend the few bucks to replace the bases with something more common that will allow for more flexibility in optics mounting?

I'm looking into that now. Have gotten some feedback saying that depending on model, Weaver 45 & 46 might work. Other possibilities are 75 & 71 or 55 and 46. Will head over to my nearest Bass Pro and take a look. I would like to keep it all PH if I can.