• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which RRS Bipod Clamp?

RayDBonz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes, I have tried searching. Couldn't find an answer.

RRS makes two bipod clamps for Atlas Bipods.
One with an ARMS lever (ARMS-LR SOAR Bipod Clamp) and one with a knob (BTC-Pro Clamp for Atlas Bipod).

Which one is better or preferred? Advantages/disadvantages?

Is the lever version really $50 better?

Thanks for any insight!

If you’re on a RRS-spec rail, lever. If not, a knob (or other mfg clamp) is the way. Just bought a Pic-to-ARCA adapter from Evolution Bipods, ARCA clamp looks to be Andoer-made, and it’s got a 3-position lever with locking tab along with a knob for adjusting to off-spec rails. Kinda the best of both worlds, if you don’t need the Picatinny option the RRS provides.

Edit to Add: Here’s the ARCA clamp, I *think* this plus the RRS B&T Bipod Clamp Adapter and a couple screws from your local hardware store gets you there even cheaper than what I just paid to Evolution...Now I feel a little taken advantage of lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: pineoak
I have both the BTC-Pro and ARMS-LR. Lever is great for speed, but knobs nearly guarantee compatibility with any Arca-style dovetail of varying spec. I'll use RRS plates when I can, but sometimes I just need a very inexpensive plate and sometimes those MiC plates are not the same width as the RRS spec and will run loose in lever release clamp. Thus, a knob clamp mitigates this.

If you know the Arca dovetails on your rifles (and all future rifles) are RRS spec, then the ARMS-LR is the way to go.

Reactions: RayDBonz
This one.

7jGD4rH.jpg

I put the BTC Pro clamp on a setup for a Magnetospeed mount because it works for both pic rail and Arca rail. Plus it is easier to tighten for the variation in rails. I run ADM lever mounts for Harris and Atlas bipeds because the bipods are dedicated to individual rifles with pic rails. The pic rail and lever mounts are sleeker.

Reactions: MackDaddy1962