• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which SB would you choose????????????

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
I have finally narrowed down my scope choice between 2 scopes. I am looking for great glass and a ranging reticle with turrets. This will be going on my ultra-light hunting rifle. It is chambered in 7mmwsm and weights 6 lbs. this rifle will be used for hunting deer, elk and sheep out to a max of 6-700 yards. I am looking at the 2 fallowing scopes as they offer what I’m looking for in a scope.

Schmidt and bender 3x12 klasik
ART reticle by Darrel Holland?
NO Parallax adjustment
20ounces

Schmidt and bender 4x16 precision hunter
P3 or ART (reticle not in stock right now)
Parallax adjustment
27 ounces

I’m wondering which scope you guys would go with? I like the fact that the 3x12 is 7 ounces lighter but am a little concerned that it doesn’t have a parallax adjustment. How much parallax can be see with this scope at 6-700. Going up a hill i would hate that extra 7oz but if i couldnt make the shot its all worthless.

I own 4 PMII’s but I haven’t used either one of these so if you own or have used one similar, please let me know and I can PM you a phone number. I have a couple questions.

Re: Which SB would you choose????????????

I chose a Schmidt and Bender PMII 10x42 for my hunting rifle. Light, compact, crystal clear and parallax set at 300 meters. Found it to be fine for close and long. Standard P3 mildot. Clean, simple and really nice.

Having PMII's on my other guns (a 3-12x50, 4-16x50 and a 4-16x42) just seemed like the right choice for me.

I do not have any first hand experience with the Klasik however.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juniors</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I chose a Schmidt and Bender PMII 10x42 for my hunting rifle. Light, compact, crystal clear and parallax set at 300 meters. Found it to be fine for close and long. Standard P3 mildot. Clean, simple and really nice.

Having PMII's on my other guns (a 3-12x50, 4-16x50 and a 4-16x42) just seemed like the right choice for me.

I do not have any first hand experience with the Klasik however. </div></div>

i thought about the 10 but there are times that i like to have a lower power. as for the 300 yard zero i might have SB change it for me if needed.

anyone have experiance with the precision hunter line of scopes

no experience with precision hunter line, but i do have some comments:

i would strongly recommend a flash-dot/illuminated spot. what i don't like in the precision hunter line (from what i can see on the page): there is a gap between the centre-dot and the rest of the reticle. this looks like a bit of fly-shit on the glass and was one of the deciding reasons for me to go for a s&b zenith with the flashdot (for instance: the z6i from swaro has the same shortcoming).

how about getting a 3-12x50 (or similar) zenith with flashdot and directly make them add the turrets? while i personally like the fd7 reticle (and rather range by other means), you can get another reticle installed.

and yes - i think that the zenith outbeats the swaro z6(i) as well as the zeiss. had all of them in my hand, and - nope, thank you: it's s&b all the way.

I haven't used the 3-12 klasik, but I do have a 3-12 PMII with parallax and I use it regularly. I would personally go for the 4-16 solely for the parallax. I had a USO ST-10 without parallax and it bugged me. I know that's not the same as the S&B, but I would personally opt for the parallax. My 2 cents.

these are the comments that i am looking for. i hope more will add there coments