• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which SBR?

Quiet6.8

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2017
UT
Looking to buy a Form4 SBR or SBS. I know I can manufacture via Form1, but just not terribly interested in going that route, something about the allure of a factory assembled NFA weapon just gets me. Locally to me there is a DSA FAL 11.5” Paratrooper for sale, the shop is asking ~$3000 for it, is that a good deal? Any other suggestions?

I can help you out. The B&T APC9 pro or the H&K sp5 are the only two you should be looking at.

Looking to buy a Form4 SBR or SBS. I know I can manufacture via Form1, but just not terribly interested in going that route, something about the allure of a factory assembled NFA weapon just gets me. Locally to me there is a DSA FAL 11.5” Paratrooper for sale, the shop is asking ~$3000 for it, is that a good deal? Any other suggestions?
No need to make it harder than it should be. I get the “factory assembled” argument. But there are still ways around that. For example, my first SBR years ago I wanted a Daniel Defense MK18. So I bought the pistol version that still had the DD upper and lower and then filed out the form 1 and through a Stock on it when the paperwork got approved. Now, with E-file most form 1’s are 30 days or less.

Same thing with an HK. By the SP5 which is a pistol. Form 1 that shit the throw the stock of your choice on it when it gets approved. Will be a lot easier, less expensive, and happen a lot sooner than buying an actual SBR on a form 4.

Kind of a broad question. Do you have a caliber in mind or are you just looking for awesome form 4 SBRs?

I am not attracted to BATFE, and don't want them to be attracted to me, either. Just another list I don't need to sign up for.

Looking in the mirror, I'm just about an inch shy of two meters tall. On me, a 20 inch barrel looks like an SBR does on most of the rest of us here. I can t fit ME into the kind of nooks and crannies where an SBR would make a meaningful improvement in my day.

My interest is in Features, not Compliance; so although my combat sorta-kinda equipped rifle does all the things a form 4 SBR would do, it does it with a 16" barrel. It doen't look that long until I stand next to one of you more normal types. Mine is chambered for 5.56, easier to find in the rubble.

Greg

I am not attracted to BATFE, and don't want them to be attracted to me, either. Just another list I don't need to sign up for.

Looking in the mirror, I'm just about an inch shy of two meters tall. On me, a 20 inch barrel looks like an SBR does on most of the rest of us here. I can t fit ME into the kind of nooks and crannies where an SBR would make a meaningful improvement in my day.

My interest is in Features, not Compliance; so although my combat sorta-kinda equipped rifle does all the things a form 4 SBR would do, it does it with a 16" barrel. It doen't look that long until I stand next to one of you more normal types. Mine is chambered for 5.56, easier to find in the rubble.

Greg
Until “they” redefine pistol braces and all your toys are now illegal, OR you have to do a shitload of form 1s to play catch up.

My last sbr form 1 was my CZ scorpion. Took 26 days a couple months ago

3k for a DSA is not a good deal. Now unless you buy a used SBR, there seems to be a 400+ markup from the factory for SBRs.

Unless you are buying a collectable sbr, for the value, not worth it. Form 1 or 4 your favorite lower..

Last edited:
I have several AR pistols. I just got a CMMG MK57. It's a 5.7x28mm cartridge (same round as PS90). I LOVE this gun! I know there is a divide about the cartridge but I like it a lot. Fun to shoot with low recoil. Accurate as well. For me it's now my first option to grab for home defense.

Go the pistol route. No need for any form that way. If dumfooks change it later you can Form 1 it to a SBR.