• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which scope for .224V bolt gun - varmit and coyotes

HayStax

Battle Born
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2018
BFE, NV
If my mini Fix ever shows up I’m going to need a scope to dedicate to the .224V. I want good glass, light weight and short. Simple, clean reticle. Will be doing rodent and coyote control around the ranch, magnification to 20+is nice for ground squirrels at 300-400, they are small! That said I’m not sure this application warrants a high power scope but I also want be shooting coyotes and steel out to 1000. Want MIL/MIL. This will also serve as my sons first centerfire and training rifle so eyebox may have some consideration.

I was surprised to learn about the Tract Toric 4-20 from DLOs review but I’m a little concerned about the reticle, it is simple and clean but the .5MIL hashes give me pause. The Minox ZP5 3-15 looks great but maybe I need more magnification? And it’s not cheap, same with Kahles 318i. VORTEX Razors are HEAVY! Should I be looking at higher magnification scopes to begin with? What am I missing? Thanks!

The best short light scope ive looked through was the kahles 318 but wasn't in the budget I went Leopold mark 5 3.6-18 for my hunting rifle.

Hopefully will be here Saturday and I can give some feedback.

Mine is a AR but I went with the 3-15 Gen II pst. So far I'm really like it...

If you're ok with capped turrets that are still mil/mil the Trijicon Accupower 4-16x50 Mil-Square is only 23 oz.

Out of curiosity what made you choose 224 V for a bolt gun instead of an Ar?

I’ve never really liked the AR platform. I shoot at least 1k of .17HMR from the seat of my truck every year through my CZ. Semi auto guns spew brass all over and are ignorant to be around from my preferred shooting position. I handled an early production .308 Fix and liked the concept and fit and finish of the rifle. To be perfectly honest I might have had too many cocktails and I placed a preorder for the Mini.

Reactions: Lunchbox27