• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which scope for Barrett M107?

okent

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Buddy just picked up a Barrett M107.
Looking at either a Night Force 5.5X22X56 or a Schmidt and Bender of some kind(spelling may be off)
Strictly a range toy.

Thanks

Re: Which scope for Barrett M107?

It all depends on your optics budget....

would agree with chad. The nightforce isnt far behind the S&B at all for more than half the price less. id go with the NXS

The best scope for that rifle is the best that you can afford.

I have seen every type of scope on the barretts. From a Bushnell 3200 tactical to a S&B PMII. The worst thing I saw was an NCStar. I almost shot the owner on principal alone. He even used their brand of rings. Tracked like shit till he realized the rear ring came apart at the mount from recoil.

If you can find one, Swarovski made a 10x for the barrett 50 a good while back. The ones I have seen have been priced right, around 800 if I recal. Just google (swarovski barrett) and you will bring it up. It's a fixed 10 but I had no problem hitting at a 1000 with it. The glass was great.
Just another option for ya.

Rolexrifleman:

I tried to send pm on swaro barrett 10x but your file is full. PM me with details as to what you want for scope and rings.

This might be the oldest thread I've revived...

Have a friend picking up an M107A1 and he's asking about a scope. Having no experience on 50's I'm looking at it as a semi precision rifle...

Leaning towards pointing him towards a 3-18 scope (Razor most likely). Anything else to consider?

This might be the oldest thread I've revived...

Have a friend picking up an M107A1 and he's asking about a scope. Having no experience on 50's I'm looking at it as a semi precision rifle...

Leaning towards pointing him towards a 3-18 scope (Razor most likely). Anything else to consider?

I'd personally be going for much more magnification on a 50. It's already stupid heavy so weight/size isn't a concern imo. How far does he intend on taking it out?

ZCO 5-27 OR 8-40
NF ATACR 7-35
VORTEX 6-36
S&B 6-36
Leupold 7-35
5-25 from NF, S&B, TT, Kahles, Leupold, etc

Reactions: CSTactical
I'd personally be going for much more magnification on a 50. It's already stupid heavy so weight/size isn't a concern imo. How far does he intend on taking it out?

ZCO 5-27 OR 8-40
NF ATACR 7-35
VORTEX 6-36
S&B 6-36
Leupold 7-35
5-25 from NF, S&B, TT, Kahles, Leupold, etc
1k for sure but likely further (as far as a semi can be precise). Want it to be friendly to CNVD use as well which is why the 3x low end is nicer

....FWIW, due the recoil aspects, I would suggest you start your research on optics with the manufacturers recommendations followed by what the various militaries fielding it use. If anything those folks will know what brands/models have withstood the recoil energies over a duration of time/usage. It would be a shame to see a really expensive scope crap itself after a few rounds.... YMMV

Reactions: rlsmith1
images

that would be so funny looking

• Love
Reactions: tangloppen
Yes please, and then an INOD in front, just for the memes and to see brains melt at the range.
But mostly to dethrone Horta as king of wtf-island…
Send me INOD and I will provide M107 and Weaver for free. Will also recoil test the system instead of just taking pictures

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner