• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which scope for my 700?

sam626

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2011
stilwell, kansas
I've got a 20" 308 that started life as a 700 VS. I'm waiting on a manners T3 for it and I have CDI bottom metal for it. There was a 2.5-16 Bushnell on it but I decided to go with something a little more compact. It has performed well out to 500 yards.
I'm looking for suggestions on the new scope. My goals are for it to be a decent precision rifle but I want to keep it light enough for hunting. Glass budget is $1000-$1500.

Re: Which scope for my 700?

I really like the swfa super sniper hd. There are several to choose from. Nightforce would also be in your price range.

I like the Vortex Viper PST

You get a lot of glass for your money and it is an FFP scope. Can be had for $750.

Or

Like mentioned earlier, you can't go wrong with Nightforce, but you're gonna spend an extra $4-500 over the PST.

Vortex PST, USO ST-10 or NF.

All three offer great resale. Vortex warranty is badass (not that you need it but just in case). USO and NF are great field tested optics.

I recently did a budget build like LoneWolf did here on the hide... I picked a vortex 2.5-10x44 and love it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex PST, USO ST-10 or NF.

All three offer great resale. Vortex warranty is badass (not that you need it but just in case). USO and NF are great field tested optics.

I recently did a budget build like LoneWolf did here on the hide... I picked a vortex 2.5-10x44 and love it. </div></div>

I would have to agree with K_4c. look for a used USO ST-10 for sale here on the Hide. You just cant go wrong with a USO and later when you are ready to upgrade to something like an SN 3 T-Pal you will have no problem selling the ST-10.

Good luck,

Ike