• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

which scope for my Bergara 14R

Coyotejunki

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I just bought this rifle and now I have to scope it. I read the review on the

Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50mm​

I am seriously looking at that one, but reading some of the other post here, It seems the Gen II are better? I plan on getting a 20-30 MOA base for this, plan on shooting 25 out to 300 Really want to keep the price under a 1K, prefer < $800. I would like good repeatable tracking and decent glass.

What do you all recommend?

MIDAS BTR. half the money.
Certainly not half the money of a Midas TAC (Midas TAC is about $680, Midas BTR is about $580). Also, the TAC is a first focal plane, BTR is second focal plane. The Midas BTR is a great scope, however.

I have two Midas TAC scopes...one on my B14 6.5 Creedmoor and one on my B14R. The Midas TAC is a fantastic scope.

Reactions: Dhaa
I put a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 MOA on mine and am quite happy with it.

Last edited:
Have 3 MidasTac's, if I was in the market I would take a hard look at the Vortex Strike Eagle...

I just put on my Bergara the Vortex Viper PST Gen2 Mrad 5-25x50. Seems perfect to me. Can’t really comment on anything else. It’s my first set up.

I have 2 Midas TAC 6-24. One on my Tikka TAC A1 for PRS and one on my T1X for NRL22. I think it would be hard to find as good a scope for the money. The others mentioned are also good scopes. I love the retical on my Athlons

Reactions: AZ Dan
I am running a Burris RT25 5-25/56
tempImageIYdq2U.png
SCR2 FFP on LaRue 20 MOA Base with Warne Med rings and carry 300 on Dial Only. 400 is full dial and 12 mil hold.

Reactions: King_beardsly
I’m running an athlon Ares BTR gen2 and it’s been pretty stellar so far, running it in hrt medium rings in a 20moa base. I haven’t pushed past 100, so I haven’t bothered to see how much room I’ve got left to dial yet.

I also have the Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 (MRAD) on my Bergara. I've been really impressed with the scope. Optically, I can't really see any difference between it and my PST Gen II 5-25.

I just bought this rifle and now I have to scope it. I read the review on the

Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50mm​

I am seriously looking at that one, but reading some of the other post here, It seems the Gen II are better? I plan on getting a 20-30 MOA base for this, plan on shooting 25 out to 300 Really want to keep the price under a 1K, prefer < $800. I would like good repeatable tracking and decent glass.

What do you all recommend?

Stop looking and buy this scope. You won't find a better scope at this price. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020586712

With a 30 MOA rail, you can go past 400 yards with just the dial.

Love my Midas Tac...No complaints about anything on it. I almost bought another except I wanted to try out an XTR III.
You might also take a look at the Bushnell Match pro.

Parallax ruins that one tho for me, I like rimfire to have be able to focus at a minimum of 25 yards.

I have that scope, and parallax goes down to 25 yards. Unless they changed it to 75 yards on later versions, but that wouldn't make sense.

Edit: I just searched, and this scope may have been made with different distances for minimum parallax. I'd call Midway before ordering, to see what they have. https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...lite-tactical-hdmr-ii-cr-close-range.7035540/

Attachments

• IMG_20210206_165122.jpg
    IMG_20210206_165122.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
midas tac is a great scope, i also have one on my rimfire, although the one drawback is in hunting situations where the 6 power on the low end makes for a small field of view.

that said, i understand most guys aren't trying to both benchrest, and hunt with the same rifle, so it's likely not an issue.

midas tac is a great scope, i also have one on my rimfire, although the one drawback is in hunting situations where the 6 power on the low end makes for a small field of view.

that said, i understand most guys aren't trying to both benchrest, and hunt with the same rifle, so it's likely not an issue.
It's called the Midas TAC, not the Midas HUNT.

Stop looking and buy this scope. You won't find a better scope at this price. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020586712

With a 30 MOA rail, you can go past 400 yards with just the dial.

I have one of the older 2014ish DMRs with 5mil/rev on my 14r and the 50yd parallax is fine for me. Was a good deal back when it came out I feel it's still a somewhat relevant optic. That's a good deal though on closeout