• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which scope has brightest reticle?

Ausvette

Private
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2022
Australia
I have a friend who is legally blind who can however differentiate very high contrast images.

I’ve successfully been able to get him to shoot with red dots during daytime with the dot brightness turned up way brighter than I would use. Also during the night with my nightforce 7-35 scope with the reticle at maximum brightness.

However the nightforce reticle doesn’t light up bright enough during the day for him to be able to see it.

Are there any scopes at least 35 power with seriously bright reticles during daytime?

Would need to be able to be much brighter during daytime than a person with normal vision would find comfortable.

Thanks!

I recall the Zeiss LRP S5 illumination being very bright. Having only handled the S3 briefly, I don't recall what it was like, but the 6-36x may be an option.

Have you contacted Nightforce to see if they have the ability to make your 7-35 illumination brighter than normal?

My Zeiss S3 636 is seriously bright to the point that we turned OFF the bright last Sunday!
-Richard

Reactions: Ausvette
I'd look for a scope with a LARGE piece of the reticle illuminated. I have a 1-10 Geniii Razor that has very bold circle with a dot inside it illuminated. That thing will burn your retinas on max.

I'd look for a scope with a LARGE piece of the reticle illuminated. I have a 1-10 Geniii Razor that has very bold circle with a dot inside it illuminated. That thing will burn your retinas on max.
You’re dead on. Nuclear-bright. Wait, supernova, no, QUASAR bright. Maybe one needs that level of brightness in the Sahara at noon during a klieg light show?

I was going to recommend that scope until I read the OP wanted 35x.

Reactions: Ausvette
My Sig Tango 6 has more reticle brightness settings than I know what to do with. Not a super long range optic though..........

I recall the Zeiss LRP S5 illumination being very bright. Having only handled the S3 briefly, I don't recall what it was like, but the 6-36x may be an option.

Have you contacted Nightforce to see if they have the ability to make your 7-35 illumination brighter than normal?
This…had a chance to look thru one and yeah, super bright incl in daylight.