• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Which Scope would you buy and why

Re: Which Scope would you buy and why

5.5-22....plenty enough mag for any hunting you'll ever do. I hunt a lot with my 5-25 S&B's and they seldom go above 15X. Only my opinion...

You never know when you might need 5.5X for the larger field of view and 22X is plenty for just about any shooting disipline.Also the 5.5-22 has 100+MOA elevation travel for the longest of shots.

Steve

5.5-22 has plenty to quarter milk jugs at well over 1K, plus has 100 MOA on tap vs 65 for 8-32.

Hopefully we will see a 5.5-22 F1 this year.

I have both, my third will be another 5-22. 8x is just too much for close work and much over 22 at distance the mirage can really mess with You.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lighter one.</div></div>

LOL

5.5 - 22 for all the reasons stated above . I have two and they are really over kill for hunting . No more than 22 .......15X would be a good choice as well.

I have a 5.5-22 NXS as well and love it to bits

I would deffinately buy one again.

For my next decent scope I might try out a USO if i can get my hands on one.

No reason to get the 8-32x. The 5.5-22 is much more versatile, the ideal scope for this application.

I just bought one, a Nightforce NSX 5.5-22X56 with zero stop and the NP-R1 reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5.5-22x b/c the 8-32x is ghey. </div></div>

You sir, crack me up.
grin.gif

But what everyone else said, 5.5-22x is enough....

+1 on the 5.5-22

Even for extreme ranges the 22 is good enough

Its a fine balance between enough magnification whilst allowing for enough elevation adjustments

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lighter one. </div></div>

Almost like sayin the cheap one!
I run out of MOA more than I need the power.(8-32)
Having to crank down to 11x to gain MOA is a waste of power.
But, cranking to 32 for 1000 yard paper is nice too, if conditions permit.

Both are really to big for deer hunting here.

i have a 8-32 on my f-class rifle. there is no way i would want it on a huntig rifle

Depends on caliber and distance, but 5.5-22 is more than enough for humane hunting. Unless you are only paper target shooting really long range I see no reason for 8-32...especially for moving target. I have a 5.5-22x56 and find it is as much mag as I ever need.