• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Which sight for a CZ Scorpion?

101stinfantry

Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2017
    AR
    I bought a CZ Scorpion last fall, and have never shot it yet. Needs a red dot, and I've narrowed it down to two options, a Trijicon RMR, or an Aimpoint H2. Honestly, I think either will be fine, this is a range toy, not a save my ass toy. My only experience with the RMR is on pistols, and I've never used an H2. If you have any experience with either on a similar weapon let me know what you think. Thanks

Your budget might help narrow it down as well.

Personally speaking, I'd say those are two relatively expensive options for strictly a range toy, not that there's anything wrong with either one of them. I've got a Primary Arms MicroDot on my Scorpion right now which works great however I'm giving a serious look at the new Holosun AEMS as a replacement.

P.S. Ignore the faux can, just a place holder until the Obsidian 45 is out of ATF jail.

Attachments

• 229820039_419759019413514_7828166170622250399_n (1).jpg
      229820039_419759019413514_7828166170622250399_n (1).jpg
      132.4 KB · Views: 918
    I put a Trijicon mro on my sbr scorpion.

0TAtqNS.jpg

ITgff4y.jpg

For a range toy those are pretty expensive options and they are very different imo. The H2 is a legit go to war dependable optic that you can rely on to save your ass. It's just not nvg compatible like the T2. Do you want the small lightweight minimalist set up or a more traditional dot? There are cheaper options available like the primary Arms micro prism or dot, Sig Romeo 5, holosun, Vortex, etc.

If you don't mind spending the money the Aimpoint ACRO P2 is kind of a hybrid of both. Small footprint, closed emitter, 50k hour battery life, rugged, dependable.

aimpoint-200691.jpg

If you want a set up like this though go for it.

scalarworks-leap-trijicon-rmr-mount-mega-arms.jpg

scalarworks_leap_trijicon_rmr_mount_hero.jpg

Reactions: Huskydriver
    I slapped a Holosun 512 on mine, 50K hours battery life, sharp reticle, shake awake and all that. On something that's bigger than a pistol, i prefer the bigger window.
    If you really must have a Trijicon or Aimpoint, then I's go with one of the larger options

Personally I think you can’t go wrong with an RMR on a PCC. “My wife’s” home defense 9mm AR has one mounted and I don’t see ever changing to another optic.
    7601433F-43B5-46C9-B90A-EB5A2856C8C1.jpeg

I run a Sig Romeo 5 on mine. Cowitness with the irons. Works excellent for a range toy

Reactions: Rerun7
    Thanks for the pics and info guys. Budget is about $500 on this one, and I guess I should've mentioned that I'm trying to stay away from anything made in china..........those fuckers gave me a virus last week, and I'm a little pissed about it.;)

China withstanding, I was pretty impressed with the Sig Romeo 5 for range use. This video convinced me to get a couple and they’ve worked great so far. They shoot it with a shotgun so pretty sure it will hold up for most of what I’m going to do to it, haha.

Thanks for the pics and info guys. Budget is about $500 on this one, and I guess I should've mentioned that I'm trying to stay away from anything made in china..........those fuckers gave me a virus last week, and I'm a little pissed about it.;)

The H2 is quite a bit more than that. They are $700-750 iirc.

I'd look at the aimpoint acro p2 (cr2032 battery) if you want a small footprint. Personally I prefer a closed emitter design vs an open like the rmr, delta point, etc.

The Sig and mro are good as well.

0TAtqNS.jpg

ITgff4y.jpg

For a range toy those are pretty expensive options and they are very different imo. The H2 is a legit go to war dependable optic that you can rely on to save your ass. It's just not nvg compatible like the T2. Do you want the small lightweight minimalist set up or a more traditional dot? There are cheaper options available like the primary Arms micro prism or dot, Sig Romeo 5, holosun, Vortex, etc.

If you don't mind spending the money the Aimpoint ACRO P2 is kind of a hybrid of both. Small footprint, closed emitter, 50k hour battery life, rugged, dependable.

aimpoint-200691.jpg

MRO all day

20210917_103838.jpg

Last edited:
    MRO or possibly the new Primary Arms micoprism. I have one on an AR pistol and will be putting one on my CZ Scorp in the very near future as well.

Reactions: LiveToDrive
    The H2 is $569 @ EuroOptic, the T2 is $735. I have an MRO on a PS90, it's alright, I may put it on the CZ and see how it works there. @Huskydriver what mount are you using in the pic?
    The ACRO is interesting, but by the time I buy a mount that is gonna be pushing it.

0TAtqNS.jpg

ITgff4y.jpg

aimpoint-200691.jpg

What stock and adapter are you using?

The H2 is $569 @ EuroOptic, the T2 is $735. I have an MRO on a PS90, it's alright, I may put it on the CZ and see how it works there. @Huskydriver what mount are you using in the pic?
    The ACRO is interesting, but by the time I buy a mount that is gonna be pushing it.