• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Which SilCo mounting system for precision rifle?

Kimura

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2018
Currently have Silencer Co Sakers with MAAD mounting systems. System isn't too bad for me but friends and family members, people who don't mount them often, seem to have issues. So I have thought about switching to the ASR system. Anyone know if there are any cons, precision rifle wise, with one system over the other? It would suck to switch over to the ASR and find out that it is not good for precision rifles. I realize that the direct thread mount may be best for precision rifle but I need the ability to switch between match rifle, coyote rifle, prairie dog rifle(s) SBRs etc...

Thanks in advance.

I use the ASRs on almost all my rifles and it doesn't appear to affect anything including accuracy. I use the three legged ones on AR's and the one that looks like a brake on my long guns.

IMG_3570-001%20-%20Copy-L.jpg

Reactions: davidwiz
That's what I have been doing with mounts also. Honestly thinking of ditching the brakes though. Hate frickin trying to time those things. The three legged flash hider style ya just screw on and tighten.

That's what I have been doing with mounts also. Honestly thinking of ditching the brakes though. Hate frickin trying to time those things. The three legged flash hider style ya just screw on and tighten.

True, just make sure you thread it on and don't cross thread the can when attaching it, it can be done with shocking results! I launched a Specwar 20 feet off and AR -15 and amazingly without damaging it. Built like a tank!

ASR brakes and DT mounts on my long guns. No issues with either, both give accurate and consistent results.

Key Mo is really popular in my area but pricey.

I'd of course recommend DT for precision

ASR, I've had NO problems with

consider running DT for precision and ASR for everything else

I don't know about the Sakers, but my Omegas came with 2 diff mounting attachments for the can; ASR & direct thread

my acquaintance with the Saker hated the MAAD and likes the ASR btw

Thanks for the replies, everyone.
I am going to switch all my MAAD systems out to ASR and one DT.
Besides the issues with other people mounting them I have never felt the POI was very repeatable with the MAAD.

I run ASR on everything, the POI is repeatable and there are no accuracy issues. Just keep it clean if the round count goes up. CBS has been money for comps and hunting alike.

Thanks everyone. I am switching everything over to ASR. Maybe buy a DT later as funds allow.